YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
This topic is about Surviving Raine
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine #1) by Shay Savage - Starting February 12th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments As the captain of a schooner catering to the elite on the Caribbean Seas, Sebastian Stark does his best to avoid any human encounters. Interacting with people isn’t his thing, and he prefers the company of a bottle of vodka, a shot glass, and maybe a whore. There’s no doubt he’s hiding from a checkered past, but he does well keeping everything to himself…

…until the night his schooner capsizes, and he’s stuck on a life raft with one of the passengers.

Raine’s young, she’s cute, and Bastian would probably be into her if he wasn’t suffering from alcohol withdrawal. As the days pass, DTs, starvation, and dehydration become the norm. Even the most closed person starts to open up when he thinks he’s going to die, but when she realizes their traumatic pasts are connected, it’s no longer the elements that have Bastian concerned.

He has no idea how he’s going to Survive Raine.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments Starting this, I’m too excited and can’t wait. This is one of my favorite books and it’s been awhile since I’ve read it..... Hoping you’ll love it too!!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments 1-7 (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments Ch. 8 - 12 (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments Ch. 13-16 (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
16%

(view spoiler)

46%

(view spoiler)

77%

(view spoiler)

Finish

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "1-7 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "Ch. 8 - 12 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: ."

Don't worry about it. I'm glad you shared this book with me.

Yep I'm up for book 2. Sounds like it'll help me to understand him more.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm always nervous about suggesting books because you never know how someone will like it. This author also has a book called Transcendence which is just the best book ever. I don't even know how it's so good considering it's all from the POV of a caveman, one who has no concept of speech or talking but it's phenomenal. I highly recommend that one and I'd re-read it with you if I didn't just re-read it in Dec.

As for this book I'm game for the second one whenever you want. I'm a little behind on some BR's but I'm hoping to get back on track this weekend. It will definitely give you more of a look into Bastian's life and you get to see him in action which is a little scary lol

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Finish

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Okay I'm playing catch up a little too. 19th or 20th should be good.

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm always nervous about suggesting books because you never know how someone will like it. This author also has a book called Transcendence which is just the best book e..."

Yeah I hate recommending my favorites too. I also find that books that most people love I don't lol.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8174 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Okay I'm playing catch up a little too. 19th or 20th should be good."

20th will work. I’ll set the thread once I’m off my lunch break 🤓