2020 SQHS Your Literate Life - BOOK REVIEWS ONLY discussion

Sadie
This topic is about Sadie
Sadie by Courtney Summers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendoo1105) | 14 comments 19-year-old Sadie lives in a poor small town in Colorado and has overcome a lot of challenges growing up. She was bullied because of her stutter and her mother would rather pay for her drug addiction than take care of her own daughter. Eventually things started to change when her little sister Mattie was born. Sadie began to see all the good in the world. Without her mom around, she raised Mattie all by herself and gave her a better childhood than she had. When Mattie was brutally murdered Sadie’s life shatter into pieces. With no trail of evidence to find the murderer, Sadie left to go on a quest to seek revenge on the suspect. Sadie’s neighbor May Beth who had taken care of the sisters, was scared for the them and called the radio, and reported that there was a missing girl. West McCray (the radio host) started a podcast to find Sadie.

I LOVE THIS BOOK! Sadie is truly a page turner; I couldn’t even put the book down for a second. The way Courtney Summer wrote about grief was so powerful. I thought it was interesting contrasted the point of views between Sadie and West McCray, because McCray’s perspective was offered in a podcast like form. On the podcast, he follows clues that Sadie has left behind. From the perspective of Sadie, you could see how she overcome obstacles. She was once nothing and now she has influenced people’s lives while on her quest. Sadie’s character represents everything I believe in a strong female lead. She is brave and determined to save people’s lives. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys mystery & thriller.

message 2: by Hope (new)

Hope Peterson | 6 comments This sounds like an interesting book that i should look into. It sounds like you really loved this book. I'm interested to know what happened to her sister, Mattie and what led up to her death.

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendoo1105) | 14 comments Wendy wrote: "19-year-old Sadie lives in a poor small town in Colorado and has overcome a lot of challenges growing up. She was bullied because of her stutter and her mother would rather pay for her drug addicti..."

Yes! you should defiantly check it out!

message 4: by Halie (new)

Halie | 6 comments This book sounds really interesting,and sad i will love to read this book some day, and found out what happens to Mattie death and who killed her

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendoo1105) | 14 comments Halie wrote: "This book sounds really interesting,and sad i will love to read this book some day, and found out what happens to Mattie death and who killed her"

yayy!! I'm glad you want to read it :)

message 6: by Shaliyah (new)

Shaliyah | 11 comments This sounds like a book id be interested in reading. Do you ever find out what happens to Sadie on her quest?