MobileRead Book Challenges discussion

To Bring Her Wolf (Bring Her Wolf, #1)
This topic is about To Bring Her Wolf
Group Challenges & Discussions > WSW Ep. 3: To Bring Her Wolf - Jan 29, 2020

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa, The Returned (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christa (christaw) | 1093 comments Discussion will take place on January 29, 2020. Enjoy!

message 2: by Christa, The Returned (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christa (christaw) | 1093 comments Reminder: Today is Oh Shit Tuesday, which means tomorrow is Weird Shit Wednesday! :D

message 3: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new) - rated it 2 stars

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments LOL

I read this early in preparation!

message 4: by Christa, The Returned (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christa (christaw) | 1093 comments LOL I'll probably read it during lunch tomorrow. That's what I usually do with the short ones.

message 5: by Christa, The Returned (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christa (christaw) | 1093 comments I should preface this with the statement that I've kind of soured on romances so I don't really read them anymore. So, I might be a bit more critical than most. :D

I have mixed feelings. It was sweet in some ways, I guess. I've always had difficulty with steamy sex descriptions coming from the perspective of someone who has never so much as been kissed. LOL But, her reason for being a virgin makes sense in this story, which is more than we get in some. :D

Something that I was kind of meh about was... He's all "I knew from the beginning, I smelled your wolf" and "mates are destined" blah blah and yet... he still had to sleep with every available female in town before finally going to visit his mom to find a way to bring her wolf out. He did this because he was supposed to find a mate. Despite his assertion that he already knew she was his mate.

Hmm. LOL

message 6: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new) - rated it 2 stars

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments It was very blah to me. And the excuses for banging EVERYONE else, was I guess, valid. But not a reason to now get the party.

I also thought it BEYOND silly that the only way to get her wolf “out” was sex. Basic sex. Not even multiple sex. Just sex. “With an Alpha.”

Lines I highlighted (Because I rolled my eyes extra hard:
“You just lay back and let me do all the work.”

“My body traced the outline of his cock, gripping him tight until he howled his own climax”

message 7: by Christa, The Returned (new) - rated it 2 stars

Christa (christaw) | 1093 comments Ok, so it wasn't just me being cynical. That makes me feel better. LOL

message 8: by DoodlePanda (new) - added it

DoodlePanda | 1179 comments Hahaha, yea I'm feeling the same. I do appreciate been given a reason why she was a virgin i guess, and it wasnt horrible. Just... ok?

I will not be reading the whole series :P

message 9: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Resident Book Pusher (new) - rated it 2 stars

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 3289 comments Nope. Not just you being cynical, lol. Truly meh. Like Doodles, I have no interest in reading farther.

LOL.

Well, they can’t all be winners, lol.