What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Fiction Novel Centered Around Two Families; One of the children gets run over by a hit and run driver outside of his house, while his mother is home and having an affair with her friend's husband.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HVS (new)

HVS | 13 comments This novel is the story of two families who are very close friends. The parents and children are good friends, and two of the children become a couple and get pregnant. One of the children gets run over by a hit and run driver outside of his house, while his mother is home and having an affair with her friend's husband. Two of the characters may be named Sam and Annie? The novel follows the families while the injured child is hospitalized and the husband who cheated on his wife with their friend is in the process of becoming a judge. The truck that hit the child turned out to be an old high school flame of the character who slept with her husband's friend. I read this book between 2002 and 2006. Unfortunately I can't remember any more details.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4224 comments More Than Friends sounds like a match?

message 3: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 616 comments Older book, "The World according to Garp" has a scene where one child dies while his mother pleasures her lover (in a car).

Most probably not the searched for book, but I recommend it:
The World According to Garp by John Irving The World According to Garp

Also filmed as a movie with the late and great Robin Williams in the title role, and some other good stars, recommend also this movie.