Nerdette Book Club discussion

Such a Fun Age
This topic is about Such a Fun Age
Such a Fun Age > We want to hear from YOU

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nerdette Podcast (nerdettepodcast) | 25 comments Mod
Is there a moment from Such A Fun Age you want to unpack with us on our upcoming episode of the Nerdette Book Club? Please tell us!

Record yourself on your smartphone and send the audio file to NerdettePodcast@gmail.com. You may hear yourself on the show and we'd really appreciate it!!

message 2: by Jay (last edited Jan 25, 2020 08:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jay | 1 comments I was excited to join this group, but very disappointed to see that the first book is new, and as a result, pricey. I rarely buy newly-published books, so while I'm looking forward to reading Such a Fun Age, I'll be waiting for the price to come down substantially.

Nerdette Podcast (nerdettepodcast) | 25 comments Mod
Jay wrote: "I was excited to join this group, but very disappointed to see that the first book is new, and as a result, pricey. I rarely buy newly-published books, so while I'm looking forward to reading Such ..."

Hi Jay, thanks for your note. Have you considered checking with your local library? Or sharing a copy with a friend? Or maybe looking into an audiobook subscription? If you buy the book at a local bookstore, you're also supporting cultural variety in your community, which might make the prices feel better.

Amanda Wilkin | 2 comments Sadly, the publisher limited the number of book, ebooks, and audio versions that were shared with libraries.

message 5: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb | 4 comments Read all but the last 2 chapters on my 5 hour plane ride to Costa Rica!! Saved the last chapters to savor poolside. Loved this book! Listened to your ep discussion after. Great ep!! Thank you for this group!

Merredith (merrij) | 1 comments @Jay - I was able to get the book as a free book for my kindle at my local library! That’s how I get 99% of my books (ebook or audio), it helps me not go broke!

message 7: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kayeccleston) | 2 comments Hurray. Although the ebook waitlist went on forever, I was able to put in an interlibrary loan request. Four MT libraries have the book, so now the wait begins.