What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Family of sisters raised by single dad. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (last edited Jan 23, 2020 02:07AM) (new)

K | 1 comments YA or childrens book, read around 2007. About a family of sisters maybe 4/5 and the youngest child a boy. It was a series of books but i only read maybe two. In one of them the family discover that their estranged mother who is absent from the series and supposedly travelling the world for several years has in fact been living in a hotel a few miles away and sending fake postcards from exotic places every few months.

The series had a general Jacqueline Wilson vibe to it. One of the sister's was named Rowan, after the tree because the parents were some kind of hippies back in the day. A grandmother was involved in helping raise the family as well. The story is told from the point of view of one of the sisters. At least one of the children was accidentally conceived and this is part of the reason why the mother leaves her family.

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (abookwyrme) | 17 comments bump :) I feel like I've read this too but I have absolutely no idea what it might be!

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Kate, why does the mother say she's leaving and where did she plan to go? By herself? Can you give example of the exotic places she claims to visit?

Where does the family live (country/region/city/small town)?

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4129 comments Ally's world series by Karen McCombie maybe? Link to the first book: The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16048 comments Seconding Ayshe's suggestion!

It's gotta be.