What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Dreadful Future of Blossom Culp (Blossom Culp, #3)
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's or YA (I think) - Early 20th century girl travels forward in time. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (last edited Jan 22, 2020 10:58PM) (new) - added it

Katy | 3 comments I read it as a kid in the late 90's, and I believe it was published in the 80's, maybe 90's. The main character is a preteen or young teen girl who time-travels from the early 20th century (I want to say 1914, but I'm not sure) to the present day. She wears a medal from a spelling contest she won, which she is very proud of. In the present, she meets a boy about her age. I'm pretty sure he has a computer. She time-travels near a big house/mansion, which is new and in good condition in her time; when she arrives in the future, the house is old and run-down. At one point, a boy swings naked on a rope into a pond while yelling either "look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!" or "O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I!" (Yes, I know those are two very different quotes.) Near the end, (view spoiler)

message 3: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy | 3 comments That's it! Wow, I didn't remember any of the psychic stuff, and I had no idea it was a series.

Thank you!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments You're welcome, glad to help out!