Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: February 2020

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Feb 20, 2020 09:43PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7258 comments Duration: February 1- 29

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Feb 01, 2020 02:11PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7258 comments Participants:

Leah
HeatherH
Sarah
Katelin (Dollis Marry~)
Carrie
Michelle
Guiana
Cynthia

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Feb 01, 2020 02:16PM) (new)

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6094 comments I could have sworn I commented on this already, so glad I didn't miss it.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 11: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7258 comments Partners have been picked! See post #3.

message 12: by Guiana (new)

Guiana (gvianai) | 23 comments My partner is Leah, for who I have chosen:
The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow because it's on my TBR as well and am interested to hear your thoughts,
The Timepiece by Beverly Lewis because it has the highest average rating on your shelf, and
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett because I've heard lots of great things about it!

happy reading! x

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Feb 01, 2020 05:39PM) (new)

Sarah | 204 comments My partner is Carrie and I am choosing:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling because oh my goodness who hasn't read Harry Potter (or maybe it's a re-read?)

Dig by Terry Doyle because it's your most recent add and the author's name is my dad's first and middle names which is just strange!

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi because it was a 5 star read for me and hopefully you'll like it too!

Hope you like one!

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6094 comments My partner is Katelin (Dollis Mary~) and for her I pick:

1. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman because I love this series and Neal Shusterman is one of my favorite authors.

2. Bag of Bones by Stephen King because it's been on your list the longest

3. The Oracle Queen (Three Dark Crowns #0.1) by Kendare Blake because it's one of the shortest on your list and I think short reads are a good way to kick off the beginning of the year :)

Hope one's a winner!

message 15: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments My Partner is Michelle and for her I picked:

Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi because it was a 5 star read for me and one of my favorite fantasy reads of 2019.

Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3) by Kat Zhang because it's the oldest added to this shelf and the last in a series.

The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1) by Luanne G. Smith because it is on my TBR as well and the premise sounds cool.

Happy reading :)

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2667 comments I'm going to read The Timepiece by Beverly Lewis .

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1663 comments Heather..Here are my picks for you:

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick - Because I've heard it's really good.

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - Because I've read it and I love Ruta Sepetys

The Help by Kathryn Stockett - One of my favorite books of all time and one that I think everyone should read.

message 18: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments Thanks Michelle! The Help was actually picked for me in another group too so for sure getting to it finally! Thinking I will also try got do Silver Linings Playbook as well!

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2667 comments My partner is Guiana, and I choose:

Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library) by Kennilworthy Whisp because I liked this book.

House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig because this sounds interesting.

Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1) by Livia Blackburne because it's been on your list the longest.

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Thank you Sarah, and Harry Potter is most definitely a re-read, what number I can not tell you. :)

For you:

The Autumn of the Patriarch by Gabriel García Márquez oldest on your shelf

Blood & Beauty The Borgias by Sarah Dunant a book added in a February

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman S for Sarah

message 21: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6094 comments I haven't received my picks yet

Katelin (Dollis Marry~) (hydeist) | 29 comments Sorry for being late on this! I forgot to check. I'll take a look and pick some for you!

Katelin (Dollis Marry~) (hydeist) | 29 comments My partner is Cynthia and I chose
1) Sawkill Girls
2) Saga Vol 2
3) The Demon King by Chima

Sorry no links, I'm on my phone but wanted to get your selections to you asap!
I chose Sawkill girls cause it looks super interesting.
Saga cause I've read it and loved it!
The Demon King because it's a book I really want to read!

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6094 comments Thanks Katelin! I appreciate it :)

message 25: by Guiana (new)

Guiana (gvianai) | 23 comments finished Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library) by Kennilworthy Whisp and gave it 4 stars! I liked it more than I thought I would, which is both surprising and welcome. :) will try to get a second one in!

message 26: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments Forgot to post but finished The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick and gave it 4 stars!

message 27: by Leah (last edited Feb 21, 2020 01:36PM) (new)

Leah | 2667 comments I read The Timepiece by Beverly Lewis and gave it 3 stars.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 204 comments Carrie wrote: "Thank you Sarah, and Harry Potter is most definitely a re-read, what number I can not tell you. :)

For you:

The Autumn of the Patriarch by Gabriel García Márquez oldest on your shelf

[bookcover:Blood & ..."

Well this wasn't my month. I eventually made it through The Autumn of the Patriarch and Something in the Water (with a lot of skimming of both) and they were each one star reads unfortunately for me. I'm still planning on getting to Blood and Beauty so maybe that will be a winner.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1663 comments I'm a bit late, but I finished Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi .

I was listening to it on audio so that's why.

I wasn't so sure about this in the first 1/3 of the book, but it grew on me and I started loving it. I know it's a story arc that has been done before and sometimes that can get a bit old, but the storytelling done by the author was amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd book.

message 30: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 157 comments Just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett which was a second pick for me from February and loved it. 5 stars!