Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Long Bright River
This topic is about Long Bright River
Group Read - Long Bright River > Group Read - Long Bright River general No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Our February book is Long Bright River by Liz Moore. No spoilers on this general thread please.
Are you planning on reading this book?
There are no chapters so we will break it into four parts at 25% each for the discussion topics. With 492 Kindle pages that is roughly 125 pages for each.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Hm, not sure. I'm so behind on everything (except my Lucas Davenport re-reads, LOL). I'll take a look at the description and see if it moves up my TBR list.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments I’m in! I’ll start it sometime later this week.

Sherry  | 3620 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hm, not sure. I'm so behind on everything (except my Lucas Davenport re-reads, LOL). I'll take a look at the description and see if it moves up my TBR list."

what carol said.

Barbara K | 414 comments I plan to read it but probably won’t start for a week.

Bonnie | 382 comments I am and hope it's in at the library by early February

Barbara K | 414 comments I started this today, and it is definitely promising.

Geri I read this and it was fantastic! I will post the summaries and look forward to the discussion.

Barbara K | 414 comments I’m a little more than halfway thru and loving it so far. Thanks for posting the summaries, Geri.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Geri and Barbara, good to hear! I’ll probably start this weekend. I’m absolutely glued to the impeachment trial and not getting any reading accomplished.

message 11: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Geri- thank you!! Very glad to hear it's good. I will start it tomorrow. My reading time has been squeezed lately, looking forward to it.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hm, not sure. I'm so behind on everything (except my Lucas Davenport re-reads, LOL). I'll take a look at the description and see if it moves up my TBR list."

You’ve gotta read it, Carol. And Sherry. It’s that good. Will put you in mind of Lehane and Tana French.

message 13: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3539 comments I started library book. I read around 50 pages so far will have to figure out breaks.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Ann, I don’t mean to nag but Long Bright River hasn’t been added to the top of our group home page. It doesn’t make any difference at this point except: is that how books get on our group shelf? I’d hate to have this one left out.

message 15: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Oops! Thank you for the nudge Ms.O'EagleEyeCat! The group read books need to be in 'currently reading' status on the bookshelf to show on the front page. I have fixed it! (And moved What Rose Forgot to read status) Ahhh, housekeeping done!

OMalleycat wrote: "Ann, I don’t mean to nag but Long Bright River hasn’t been added to the top of our group home page. It doesn’t make any difference at this point except: is that how books get on our group shelf? I’..."

message 16: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3539 comments Library book was due back didn’t get that much read maybe 50 pages couldn’t renew. With having to read arcs it’s hard right now to get other books read. I’ll try and get book out at some other time. When there are not other people waiting on reserve.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Donnajo wrote: "Library book was due back didn’t get that much read maybe 50 pages couldn’t renew. With having to read arcs it’s hard right now to get other books read. I’ll try and get book out at some other time..."

Too bad, Donnajo! I really liked this book. Did you read enough to have any opinion?

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments OMalleycat wrote: "You’ve gotta read it, Carol. And Sherry. It’s that good. Will put you in mind of Lehane and Tana French...."

Ooh! You had me at Lehane and French, Jan. I've missed the group discussion, but will definitely put on my library list and check back when I'm reading it.

Bonnie | 382 comments finally reading this. 25 pages in and put my other books aside.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Bonnie wrote: "finally reading this. 25 pages in and put my other books aside."

Welcome to the party, Bonnie! I think you’ll like it as everyone in our discussion did.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Just started listening to this. For some reason it's reminding me of the Trudy Nan Boyce series featuring Sarah Alt. I wonder if the reader is the same.

message 22: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Good ear Carol!
It looks like Allyson Ryan read the middle Sara Alt book The Policeman's Daughter and also narrates Long Bright River. Good listening ahead! Rebecca Lowman narrated the other two Trudy Nan Boyce books.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Just started listening to this. For some reason it's reminding me of the Trudy Nan Boyce series featuring Sarah Alt. I wonder if the reader is the same."

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Just started listening to this. For some reason it's reminding me of the Trudy Nan Boyce series featuring Sarah Alt. I wonder if the reader is the same."

Looking forward to hearing what you think of this one, Carol. It’s one of my favorites of the year so far.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Ann wrote: "Good ear Carol!
It looks like Allyson Ryan read the middle Sara Alt book The Policeman's Daughter and also narrates Long Bright River. Good listening ahead! Rebecca Lowman narrated ..."

Thanks for doing the research, Ann! Now I can put that thought aside while I listen.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments OMalleycat wrote: "Looking forward to hearing what you think of this one, Carol. It’s one of my favorites of the year so far...."

That's good to hear, Jan. It feels like it's slow to start, but maybe I'm just listening to it in smaller bursts. It is sending me WAY back to my years growing up in Philly and then visiting my parents, who lived in Center City for a time.