Discord Book Club discussion

War and Peace
This topic is about War and Peace
Buddy Readings > "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DarkHeraldMage (last edited Jan 22, 2020 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

DarkHeraldMage | 56 comments Mod
A number of people in the book club are reading "War and Peace" this year after someone in the group pointed out that the book has 365 chapters and would allow for easy digestion via a chapter a day. This Russian classic is often discussed, but far less often read, so if you want to see what all the fuss is about then join in and let us know what you think along the way.

Want to join and catch up? Use this guide to show you what chapter you should be on based on the date. Keep in mind that some translations and copies might have different chapter breaks for some reason, but we are primarily using the Maude translation to English.

DarkHeraldMage | 56 comments Mod
I'm nearing the end of book 8 now, having finished chapter XVIII (18) today, and am anxiously awaiting the end of all the teenage "love" drama.

(view spoiler)

According to my Kindle I'll be at the 50% mark any day now, so it's definitely on target with finishing at the end of the year so far. Being so fond of more modern writing, it's certainly been difficult for me to feel immersed in the story of such strong writing trends as were common in the past, and I find myself knowing that I'm just reading instead of truly enjoying the story in so many parts.