Play Book Tag discussion

January 2020: Thriller > [+ Poll Ballot Tally] The Woman in the Window / A.J. Finn. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments The Woman in the Window / A.J. Finn
4 stars

Anna, a psychologist who is suffering from agoraphobia (she is scared to leave her house), has a tendency to watch her neighbours through the window. When a new family moves in (parents and a teenage son), she soon meets both Ethan (the son) and Jane, his mother. The more she talks to them and the more she watches the house, she is afraid for them. One day, she sees something horrible, but the police don’t believe her.

I really liked this. The beginning reminded me of “Rear Window”, the Alfred Hitchcock movie (which was later mentioned, as Anna is a huge classic thriller movie buff). It drew me in from the start and, at least for me, the pace kept up almost the entire way through the book. Anna also drinks, so it was hard to figure out what she really saw and what she didn’t. It seems many are tired of psychological thrillers/unreliable narrators, but I’m still enjoying them, this one included! I did figure out a couple of small things along the way, but not the big twists.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it Cin.

message 3: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2223 comments Really glad you liked this so much!

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments Thanks, ladies! I'm glad, too. :-)

message 5: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments I feel like when the movie comes out we should all pick a day to see it and then have a giant discussion afterwards. So many people reading this.

message 6: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8139 comments Joi wrote: "I feel like when the movie comes out we should all pick a day to see it and then have a giant discussion afterwards. So many people reading this."

I think it's going to make a great movie!

message 7: by Darci (new)

Darci Day | 139 comments LibraryCin wrote: "Joi wrote: "I feel like when the movie comes out we should all pick a day to see it and then have a giant discussion afterwards. So many people reading this."

I think it's going to make a great mo..."

I just finished reading this. While I wasn't a huge fan (2.5 Stars), there were several times where I thought it'd make a much better movie.