The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

ARCHIVE Team Challenge: UNO 2020 > Your Favourite Dessert Recipes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (last edited Jan 22, 2020 05:23PM) (new)

UNO Pixie | 1382 comments The theme for UNO this year is space-age/futuristic desserts and because it is making so many people hungry and keen for recipes, we were asked to create this space!

Fell free to post here:

* Your favourite dessert recipes
* Pictures of what you have created
* Anything you'd like to talk about that is dessert related!

This is purely a chatter thread and is not for discussing UNO rules, asking UNO questions, and has no bearing on team points. It is all for fun (and full bellies!)

message 2: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

UNO Pixie | 1382 comments r

message 3: by Kate (last edited Jan 23, 2020 12:12AM) (new)

Kate (kaaate) | 78 comments I used to be a Baker, I still make birthday cakes for friends and family and use the occasional treat recipe on a cheat day (damn all diets!)

There's nothing better than a gooey cookie recipe though!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Also my favourite naughty treat cookbook has got to be Nerdy Nummies!
The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us by Rosanna Pansino

What's everyone's favourite naughty recipe??

message 4: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 1657 comments I say you can't beat sorbet + alcohol :)

The classic is a coupe colonel (lemon plus vodka) but on my recent skihol my sister enjoyed apple sorbet with calvados, so really the world is your lobster :)

message 5: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) | 308 comments Kate wrote: "I used to be a Baker, I still make birthday cakes for friends and family and use the occasional ..."

Kate, any chance you'd share you birthday cake recipe? Especially chocolate. I have to make one tomorrow for my daughter's birthday. ☺️

message 6: by Kate (last edited Jan 23, 2020 04:01AM) (new)

Kate (kaaate) | 78 comments Cinthia wrote: "Kate wrote: "I used to be a Baker, I still make birthday cakes for friends and family and use the occasional ..."

Kate, any chance you'd share you birthday cake recipe? Especially chocolate. I hav..."

In the bakery me used a mix, but a recipe I like using personally is;

BBC Cake Recipe

This recipe is super easy and tasty!

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 1641 comments Here is one I like for Devil's food chocolate cake...

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 1641 comments I just realized that I used American measurements for this recipe. My non-American friends, which way do you prefer? Does someone have a readily available conversion chart to post here?

message 9: by MyzanM (last edited Jan 23, 2020 05:18AM) (new)

MyzanM | 156 comments Jenny wrote: "I just realized that I used American measurements for this recipe. My non-American friends, which way do you prefer? Does someone have a readily available conversion chart to post here?"

You can use this to convert:
https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert...
It has worked well for me the times I've used it.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 17 comments I can't eat dairy, so a lot of desserts are off-limits for me. My favorite recipe for when I'm just dying for cake is this super easy and delicious mug cake! I just sub in almond milk. You can also make substitutions for the filling. Last time I made it, I used four fruits preserves and it was fantastic!

message 11: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) | 308 comments Thank you for the recipes. I'll look for something I can share later. :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's an amazing recipe for strawberry bread that I make every summer with fresh strawberries! It's soooo good!

https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/strawb...

message 13: by Karen ⊰✿, Avaricious Reader (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 3172 comments Oh I love this thread. I’m not a big dessert cook (I tend to do more of the quick dinner recipes!), but I’ll dig out some of my favourites 😉😮

message 14: by Fallyn Nichole (new)

Fallyn Nichole (WitchinglyBookish) (witchinglybookish) | 94 comments Here is a super simple recipe I created for my local animal rescue fundraising bake sales that are always requested!

Swedish Fish Cupcakes

Use your favorite vanilla cup cake recipe (box mixes work fine if your in a hurry!)

add blue food coloring until the batter is slightly darker than Ocean Blue (it will fade slightly when baked so darker is important!)

add 4 large Swedish Fish candies in each corner of cupcake papers after batter is poured in

bake as your recipe requires

finish with vanilla icing, airbrush with blue and green decorating spray and add 2-3 regular sized Swedish Fish candies to the top!

message 15: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 1617 comments Fallyn Nichole wrote: "Here is a super simple recipe I created for my local animal rescue fundraising bake sales that are always requested!

Swedish Fish Cupcakes

Use your favorite vanilla cup cake recipe (box mixes wor..."

Hey Fallyn,
I am fascinated by this recipe, which I think our grandkids would love! Question: when you say to add 4 large Swedish Fish candies in each corner of cupcake papers after batter is poured in
do you mean to put them put them in with their tails pointing down and their heads up? I'm not sure how to fit 4 around the cupcake papers as they seem too long to fit if they are laid flat. Just not sure what you mean by "corner" as the cupcake is round. Thanks so much!

message 16: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 1617 comments Natalie wrote: "Here's an amazing recipe for strawberry bread that I make every summer with fresh strawberries! It's soooo good!

https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/strawb..."

Yum-o, Natalie! I saved your delicious looking strawberry bread to my Pinterest account!

message 17: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 1617 comments Here's a favorite recipe for our family. You cut it into squares and it serves a bunch!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K4...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Nanci wrote: "Here's a favorite recipe for our family. You cut it into squares and it serves a bunch!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K4..."

Ooo this looks really yummy! I love butterscotch!

message 19: by Laura (last edited Feb 11, 2020 10:25PM) (new)

Laura | 2161 comments I've got a few to share!

My great-great-grandmother's pumpkin pie (I won't eat any other pumpkin pie, neither will my mother or my daughters!).

Note: this recipe makes 2 pies

1 Large can of pumpkin
4 eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 Large can evaporated milk
------------------------------------
1/4 cup Flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Mix the first four ingredients together. Mix the second 4 ingredients together, then add to the other mixture. Pour into 2 unbaked pie crusts, and bake according to the instructions on the pumpkin can recipe, at 425 for 15 minutes, then lower temp to 350 for 45 minutes.

Daughter #4 couldn't wait for Thanksgiving the next day! :)

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2161 comments The best lemon squares I've ever had (seriously pucker-up-your-mouth good!)

https://www.emerils.com/126638/super-...

I have done it without the liqueur, and they are still good, but even better with it!

message 21: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 3937 comments Okay, I've never tried this, but I just came across this recipe and they look so so good that I had to share the recipe with you!

Galaxy Cupcakes!

https://rosannapansino.com/blogs/reci...

message 22: by Tina ❣ (new)

Tina ❣ (nutrinut) | 233 comments Eldarwen wrote: "Okay, I've never tried this, but I just came across this recipe and they look so so good that I had to share the recipe with you!

Galaxy Cupcakes!

https://rosannapansino.com/blogs/reci...-..."

Oh my god that looks so gooooooodddd

message 23: by Tina ❣ (new)

Tina ❣ (nutrinut) | 233 comments I think my favourite dessert are probably chocolate/rum balls. You can't go wrong really