Play Book Tag discussion

The Wife Between Us
This topic is about The Wife Between Us
January 2020: Thriller > The Wife Between Us, by Greer Hendricks- 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments I finished this book 2 weeks ago. When I finished it, I think I was planning on giving it 4 stars. Looking back, I can barely remember the intricacies, and it clearly isn't very staying with me. So I'm dropping this to 3 stars. Another psychological thriller- the 'girl' has graduated to a 'wife'. This book gets lost in the sea of the genre for me.

This follows a wife- but DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS (what a terrible back of the book, BTW). We are lead to believe that she is the spurned wife of a husband who has moved on to a new, younger lover. But of course that isn't the whole story. I really loved the first twist (view spoiler). But then the story stagnated for a while, and I became less invested with every twist and turn.

I think I'm getting tired of the (view spoiler) trope. Read a lot of these lately, and it's starting to get old. I do a lot of true crime- books and podcasts and there's a joke of (view spoiler), and this is definitely a trend in these recent psychological thrillers.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8855 comments I really enjoyed this one! Couldn’t see your spoilers because I’m on the phone app, but would love to go back and hear what you actually thought. I bet you’re really enjoying thriller month.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Yes, I'm loving thriller month. Just started on I think you have read- Never Have I Ever.

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8855 comments So excited to read that this year! It’s high on my list. Maybe by Feb or March?

message 5: by Meli (new) - added it

Meli (melihooker) | 3395 comments Haha, I don't plan on reading this book so I read your spoilers 😈
Sounds like a meh book...