Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Mario Giordano(s)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George | 301 comments There is now a Librarian note at https://www.goodreads.com/author/show..., as requested. But there is still no obvious way to find the other author of the same name, and at least one work attributed that probably belongs to the other fellow. Despite his name, this Giordano is listed as writing "thrillers, books for children, and screenplays" and seems not to write Italian, so https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..., with a different man's face on the cover, is very likely not his.

So requested; 1) better division and 2) links between the author pages to each other. Thanks!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Please post requests (and follow-ups to them) in a single thread. Multiple threads for the same request get confusing.

message 3: by George (new)

George | 301 comments My experience has been that my follow-ups are routinely ignored for up to a week, until I post separately. But I'll try this in future and hold off for at least a day.

message 4: by George (last edited Jan 23, 2020 06:44PM) (new)

George | 301 comments And this thread has, sadly, succumbed to the same result. The moment you'd responded to it, you and everyone else ignored the original post.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Duplicate request has been removed. Please only post requests once. If a day or two have gone by with no reply, it's fine to bump your request up by responding to your own thread. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers, and some requests may take some time to get a reply.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23787 comments George, it is done in accordance with every other same name author in the database. We don't cross reference totally different individuals on the author pages. That would be chaos as some names have as many as 20 authors with the same name. Most people look for a particular book and find the correct author that way.

Not sure what you mean by the book link in #1 as that book has been on the correct author profile since 2016.

message 7: by George (last edited Jan 23, 2020 09:35PM) (new)

George | 301 comments Sandra wrote: "Not sure what you mean by the book link in #1 as that book has been on the correct author profile since 2016." Ma'am, I swear I found that title on the German author's page, which was the only one I was then able to access, among the Auntie/Tante Poldi titles! And that when I clicked on the author of that book, the German came up.

I am very glad to see that whatever was happening to me then is not happening now.

Grazie mille & danke schön!

message 8: by George (last edited Jan 23, 2020 09:33PM) (new)

George | 301 comments rivka wrote: "Duplicate request has been removed. Please ..." Thank you for the alternate method! I will bump, then, when it looks appropriate.

And I *do* understand the volunteer status. But I seem to have been spoiled by the surprisingly short turnaround times!

Again, thanks.