Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Mrs. Beaumont and the Christmas Calendar

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 3 comments I am the author of Mrs. Beaumont and the Christmas Calendar. For some reason the ebook and the print book are showing up as two separate books, so the reviews are not separate, etc. Is there a way to link them?

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5031 comments Hi Melissa,
The majority of imports of new books/editions are automated and are performed by bots. These bots will pass on the name of the author as stated on the cover of the book. As far as I can see your work has been published under the name Melissa R. Meyers.
Your claimed author profile, on the other hand, does not contain the middle initial. This means that your works introduced by automatic imports end up in a different profile.
The simplest and preferred solution for this is that you contact the GR staff and let them add the middle initial to the name of your profile. (You can contact staff through the Contact Us form or by mailing them at support (at) goodreads (dot) com).

Alternatively if, for some reason, you prefer not to change your current profile, you will always have to make a request to the community of librarians to change the name on the book page, which I have now done for the kindle edition of Mrs. Beaumont & the Christmas Calendar .

Note, however, that even when new editions end up on the right profile, they are not automatically combined with the already existing editions. You will always have to ask a librarian to combine them.

Regards,
Koenraad

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20221 comments Koenraad wrote: "Alternatively if, for some reason, you prefer not to change your current profile, you will always have to make a request to the community of librarians to change the name on the book page, which I have now done for the kindle edition of Mrs. Beaumont & the Christmas Calendar ."

Since the initial is on the cover, that version of the author name has to stay on the book page.