What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book about a girl sent to a boarding school with a mean teacher

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McMillian | 4 comments Hello, I’m trying to find a young adult book I read in middle school (like 2006 or 2007?), it had a purple/nighttime-looking cover and might have had a girl with two braids on the front. The book was about a girl who went to an orphanage or boarding school, there was a teacher (or principal/owner) who was really mean and there were some ghostly aspects to it I think. I also vaguely recall something about a fire. I thought the main character’s name was Primrose but that isn’t helping me find anything on Google so I’m not completely sure if that’s correct. It was a pretty long chapter book (like 200+ pages I’d estimate.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions !!

message 2: by Ann (new)

message 3: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McMillian | 4 comments Not Matilda ! Though that is one of my favorites :) in this book the girl is at a boarding school or an orphanage I think.

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay B (kay23) | 59 comments is it A Little Princess?

message 5: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McMillian | 4 comments It’s not A Little Princess. Thanks though :)

message 6: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha (epicfunsize) | 77 comments It's not the right year, but maybe Etiquette & Espionage?

message 7: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McMillian | 4 comments Not Etiquette and Espionage either. If I remember correctly, it had some ghostly/haunted elements to it.

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Meyer (cassiesbookshelf) | 3 comments Sweet miss Honeywell’s revenge!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Matilda (other topics)
Etiquette & Espionage (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Roald Dahl (other topics)