Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Look no further...offering Beta Reading Services

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi,
I'd be more than happy to offer my services to anyone looking for a beta reader starting this February. The tropes i'm interested in reading are NA, YA, novellas and even PNR. I'm an avid reader and enjoy helping authors in their writing process whether it be by beta reading or reviewing books. My turnaround is a week in which I will provide feedback half way done by email and once I'm finished reading. If interested reply to this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Tina

Tiffany Reutebuch | 3 comments Hi! I'm Tiffany Reutebuch and I've recently finished my manuscript for a NA Fantasy thats over 94,000 words. If you're interested I would love some help. My email is tiffany.reutebuch@yahoo.com and my (tenative) query is below! Reguardless of your decision I'd like to say thank you! It means a lot to aspiring authors to have people like you that are willing to read their work!

Everything in life comes from the choices you make. 
My father… He made the wrong one.
Now, I am his worst nightmare.
A survivor.

Put through hell by her Father's hands Sylva struggles to deal with the ever present memories of her past. Her only solice comes from the one who has been there through it all, Leon, but as his feelings for her grow she finds herself struggling to understand her own. Naturally thats when trouble strikes! As visions begin to intrude upon her nightmares she finds herself forced into action along with a grumpy mage, a peculiar knight, a studious dragon, and the two biggest members of Crystal Heart, the local mage guild. Her father aims to take a crown that rightfully belongs to Leon, a Prince the world believes to be dead, she knows it is only a matter of time before he gets his wish, but, even with her visions, the future remains uncertain. All she knows is that if her father takes the crown, millions will die.

message 3: by Brano (new)

Brano Bielik (branobielik) | 3 comments Tina wrote: "Hi,
I'd be more than happy to offer my services to anyone looking for a beta reader starting this February. The tropes i'm interested in reading are NA, YA, novellas and even PNR. I'm an avid reade..."

Hi Tina :) what are NA YA or PNR please? :D I will be looking for BETA for my children's book. I don't suppose it's either of them(?) thanks, Brano

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella Quarmby | 9 comments Hi Tina, would you be interested in reading a YA dystopian science fiction? If so, email me at ellaquarmby@gmail.com and will give you more information.
Bear in mind that the manuscript will not be ready for reading for a week or two.
Thanks,
Ella

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi Tiffany,
Thanks so much it means a lot. I like to help when and if I can. Just by this blurb I can say it sounds really good! I have yet to read a fantasy novel. Would you mind sending me the first few chapters and I will give you my feedback and we can determine if we are a good fit. My email is latine33@hotmail.com.
Thanks!

message 6: by Rabitini (new)

Rabitini | 4 comments Hello, I would really appreciated it if you you took the time to read my manuscript!
It’s a 83K Fantasy novel.

🍃A CROWN OF LILIES 🍃

It’s a Great Gatsby x fairy tale retelling set at a Medieval Convention on a remote Swedish island. 🇸🇪🏰✨💕⚔️👑
Additional thing:
- It’s based on a Swedish fairy tale Agneta and the Sea King

Seminar Tutor Agneta’s feet never stop bleeding for reasons neither she nor doctors can explain. One day she receives an email offering her students to volunteer at Gotland’s annual Medieval Week in return for recommendation letters from a leading academic with all expenses taken care of. There is only one condition, that Agneta joins them on the trip and supervises the students across several activities.
Medieval Week is under fire, it’s mysterious organizer Jon Loke is accused of being frivolous because of the amount of money spent on a festival, and all the local museums are attacking him for twisting history into a very unusual, fantastical direction…
But if Jon Loke’s version of Gotland’s history is offensive and clearly fictional, then why does Agneta feel so drawn to it in a way she can only feel but not explain?

COMMENT if you are interested

message 7: by Molly (new)

Molly Stegall (mollystegall) | 168 comments Hello, I have recently finished my Fantasy book: Ashes of Revenge (107,410 words). I would describe this as a YA Fantasy book and would love to have a Beta Reader(s) read and review it! If you would only be willing/able to do a chapter or two that is fine as well!
Thank you!

In the land of Fantacia, there are five Kingdoms that rule over all, each having its own species: Farian, Monstro, Mundus, Shifter, and Telik. The Kingdom's are constantly at odds and have been on the brink of war for years.

Hoping to take advantage of the Kingdom's disheveled state is Raven, a Mundus that has three-fourths of her body burned. Richard, a Farian with wings as dark as the night and an unmatched skillset with a sword. Colt, a Shifter with two different colored eyes who escaped the Shifter Kingdom and has unmatched fighting skills.

The small group wishes nothing more than to take over the Kingdom's and claim the thrones for themselves. However, one day Raven runs into the entity of Death, and he forces them to derail their plan and follow his, unknown to Richard and Colt. Raven has to go to the Kingdom that she never wanted to see again, the Mundus Kingdom. There, the group's secrets and pasts begin to slowly rise to the surface, threatning their plans. Raven is forced to do as Death says, which begins to take a physical and mental toll on Raven. However, they still have one goal - revenge.

Please PM me :)

message 8: by Sd5478 (new)

Sd5478 | 5 comments Hello Tina,
I’ve just completed a 35k novella that I’d like for you to comment on and edit if possible.

35k novella/drama romance/lgbtq

This is a drama romance based in Jakestown where music management mogul Drek Nelson is the owner of D.N. Enterprises. If you knew everything about her childhood you’d never imagine that she’d aspire to be this successful. But, she’s worked so hard to prove that she’s better than her environment. She’s used to having different women because of her lifestyle she really hasn’t given love a chance. She has a woman in her life, her best friend that she trusts with everything. But, she never wanted to settle down until one day, she thought she saw the woman of her dreams. But, what’s love without trust?

*The storyline’s underlying meaning has to do with love of course, but also self esteem, spirituality, and knowing about change in yourself. *

*I don’t mind honest feedback. Some editing has already been done but I’m looking for additional comments and editing. I would want to see you could point out the underlying points in the story.

Thanks in advance for your response.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments Hi there!

I'm looking for beta readers for my completed (118K words) New Adult SFF novel, A COMET AMONG THE STARS. Brief description below. Please message me if you may be interested :)

In a world where humans with superhuman abilities (Outliers) are hunted down for what they are, Finley Cooper is perfectly content with her normal life as, well, a Normal. Despite her best efforts, she finds herself falling for one of the bounty hunters tasked with hunting Outliers, the Reapers - a group that has been hated and feared since the end of the War. Logan is Fin's first love, but he's hiding things from her, things that could tear them apart, and he may not be exactly what he seems...

Soon Fin's world is shattered. She discovers that she's not a Normal after all - far from it. She's the most powerful outlier ever to exist, her powers hidden from her all her life. Now on the run for her life from the Department, she has to fight through heartbreak, loss, and betrayal to learn to control the unparalleled power within her. The question is: is there such a thing as too much power?

Thank you!
Katie

message 10: by Amelie (new)

Amelie Munroe | 1 comments Hey,

I've recently started a YA Fantasy novel. I've only written one chapter but I would really appreciate it if you could beta read it for me so that I can rectify any errors. If you're interested, please contact me at ameliemunroe@gmail.com

Thanks,
Amelie Munroe

message 11: by Dhsparks (new)

Dhsparks | 1 comments Looking for Beta Readers ... here is my blurb:

In a drunken blackout, Tori Laurent jumps off a second-story balcony to grab a tree branch 30 ft away. She misses. After treatment for minor cuts at a nearby hospital, she is transferred to the mental ward and subsequently to Gravity House, a rehab in Austin Texas. Destitute, Tori cannot afford to pay for her stay, nor does she have proof of identity. Fortunately, George Hudson, owner of Gravity House, offers her a job as a manager at Orlando West, the luxury apartments he owns in California.

Tori believes it is her unquenchable truth-seeking which prevents her from drifting back into the abyss of lunacy. She has been alone for years believing it to be safer not to have friends who might fill her mind with falsehoods, which will surely make her crazy.

At Salon D’art, a local artist lounge, Tori meets benevolent Virginia Lopez and cheeky Chris Jorgensen. Her life and love blooms in the California sunshine until her bad behavior gets her sent back to Gravity House. Will Tori ever be strong enough to want to learn her identity and become who she truly is, or is she doomed to be called Jane Doe and thrown in padded cells at every outburst desperately hanging on to who she was in the eyes of her dead parents?

https://www.dhsparksonline.com/

message 12: by Brian (new)

Brian Bowen | 1 comments Tina wrote: "Hi,
I'd be more than happy to offer my services to anyone looking for a beta reader starting this February. The tropes i'm interested in reading are NA, YA, novellas and even PNR. I'm an avid reade..."

Hello, my name is Brian Bowen. I don't know if you'd classified my book as NA, when I looked it up it says that it has main characters between 18 and 30 years old. That probably fits the age grouping of the two main characters of my book. Typically, however, I classify it as action-adventure. It involves two treasure hunters who travel the world looking for the world's most allusive treasures. Would this be something you'd be interested in? If so, email me at: projectgenesis_33@yahoo.com.

message 13: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 18 comments Hi I have just finished my second self edit and am looking for beta readers before i send my manuscript for a professional edit. The book is 85,000 and is speculative fiction about a group who are sent to colonize another planet. When they arrive they cut communication with Earth and start again without the corrupting influence of money, politics and religion.

message 14: by Panagiotis (new)

Panagiotis (Petoi Lin) Karanasios | 7 comments Hello Tina! I have finished the 4th draft of my novel (NA Low Fantasy, 114k). The synopsis below is concise.

The Amulet

Blurb: Rosa is expecting another boring summer. Until her mother dies. In her letter, Capella reveals the name of Rosa's father and leaves behind a ring and a necklace. Destined to find him whatever it takes, Rosa goes out on a journey with her best friends Deimos and Murphy in which she will she learn more about her mother's past, and of her own world.

message 15: by Ella (new)

Ella Kay | 13 comments Hey Tina! I'm currently fine-tuning my 94k romantic fantasy novel to prepare for querying this spring. It's the first volume of a historical mystery trilogy layered with magic, humor, and a slow-burn love story. Here is the blurb:

When the truth of her inheritance surfaces in 1962, Donna has the means and motivation to leave years of debilitated confinement and a manipulative mother behind. Her memory is still blighted by a strange childhood accident back in 1955, and she has no recollection of the woman who willed her the property, but she seizes freedom with both hands and with no desire to look back.

When the rightful beneficiary of the old seaside estate turns up, lovestruck tenant Henry knows she’s above his touch. She talks like Katherine Hepburn and dresses like Sophia Loren, and he’s never even seen a smile like hers before. She’s also five years younger. She’s been sheltered. He’s promised the estate’s trustee to look after her – like “a big brother,” and he’s a man of his word.

But strange things happen when they’re alone together, and as attraction intensifies, the sparks between them start to feel more physical than fanciful. Soon, she’s haunted by nightmares about a tragic history she couldn’t possibly know, he’s dismissing cryptic visions that suggest he’s somehow met her before, and it’s clear the past, like their otherworldly attraction, cannot be ignored.

If you'd like to check out the first few chapters, they can be found on Wattpad

https://www.wattpad.com/story/2134209...

And if you'd like to continue reading, please message me through Goodreads or at ellakay1962@gmail.com

message 16: by Bob (new)

Bob Austin | 21 comments Hi Tina

I am looking for an avid reader such as yourself to see the latest draft of my second book. It's part of an on-going fantasy series, but it's not necessary to have read the first, part of the feedback I'm looking for is if this book stands on it's own merit.

Magic in a modern era is the tagline. I am attempting to build a world full of vibrant but hopefully relatable characters for the current generation.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you a copy. I would very much appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Kind Regards,
Bob Austin

message 17: by Seryna (new)

Seryna Asola (seryna_asola) | 14 comments Hi! I am looking for a beta reader for my finished manuscript.

My story: YA/NA Fiction.

Genre: horror, mystery, paranormal (not a romance).

POV & Structure: 3rd person POV.

Word count: ~40k for the moment but I will provide an excerpt.

Violence & triggers: it's a horror story so there are descriptions of ghosts/dead people; no sex scenes.

Plot: A young woman is trying to help her ill friend about a strange and scary situation. In doing so, she stumbles upon an enigmatic man who changes her notion of reality.

If you are interested in providing feedback, please send me a private message or leave a comment so we discuss the details.
I will provide an excerpt on my website and you can tell me whether you liked the story or not. If you did you can either leave a comment or send me a message.

Thank you very much!

message 18: by Manuel (new)

Manuel Costa | 7 comments Hi Tina,

I was wondering whether you would have in interest in reading my Coming of Age novel, Average João (52,000 words).

It's a contemporary book about a foreigner who arrives in London to work in investment banking straight after university.

It's about the struggle of the main character in facing his arrival to adulthood, particularly in a city like London. It’s about how matters as routine as work, commute or as complicated as relationships and his own self-sufficiency make him doubt his choices at every turn. Will he start taking ownership for his own decisions? Or will he settle in remaining as a spectator to his own life, complaining every step of the way?

Another key theme is London and life as an immigrant there. How diverse and yet surprisingly filled with common place and cliches is life in a city with 10 million inhabitants, in which half were not born in the UK. Brexit and Trump’s elections occur in the background and help frame the debate as well.

I would love to get some thoughts on the book at this stage, after having it revised on my own twice already.

Many thanks in advance,
Manuel

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi, I'm currently beta for two other people right now. I would have to decline. I hope you find someone best if luck I your writing journey!

message 20: by S (new)

S Debar (sdebar) Hi Tina,

We are in the process of setting up a new Beta Reading Group, for all of our new releases. We're hoping to get a large handful of people who basically love reading, and are passionate about the art of story telling. We will, of course, provide a PDF copy of the book along side some questions and feedback.

If you're interested or want to know more, you can email us on the below.

Kind regards,
SRL Publishing
betareaders@srlpublishing.co.uk

message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi, this sounds like something I would really enjoy could you provide me with more information please
email address is latine33@hotmail.com
Thanks!

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hi Tina,

"How the Viscount Lost His Bride" is set in 1845 on the wedding day of Alexander, Viscount Belgrave, and Lady Della, daughter to the Count of Pennmore. The stuffy Alexander believes he'll soon find his idea of wedded bliss, despite Della's past indiscretions.

But when the bride's mother bursts into Alexander's study to say Della has gone missing, he goes on a search to find his bride's heart belongs elsewhere.

This story is a little over 3.7k words. I'm looking to see if there's too much/too little detail in the scenery, dialogue, character likability, and the overall plot.

Please contact me if you're interested in reading! katdevittauthor@gmail.com

Thank you,
Kat Devitt

message 23: by R. (new)

R. Shannon | 3 comments I am interested in beta reading at this time, hopefully for someone in the mystery and romance area, or thriller. The only area I feel I wouldn't be a good fit is science fiction.

My book is about 100,000 words. My email is redmonds33064@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 24: by Franky (new)

Franky Penner | 14 comments Hello Tina,

Thank you so much for offering your services as a beta reader. I echo the sentiment that others have stated on this site; even if you don't read my manuscript, I appreciate that you are providing this service.

I have written a high fantasy young adult story of approximately 98k words. It goes something like this.

[description]
The Legends of Elysaus #1 - Sarah

“It seems that a number of your fairy tales are coming to life.”

Fire-breathing lizards. Thunderbirds raining down lightning from the sky. A centuries-old wizard. Wysings from another world sneaking into houses and stealing little girls. Sarah heard all the stories since she was a little girl. Back when her father was still a prince. Before her uncle, the king, took everything from them.

Not only do the wysings exist, but now they have taken over the kingdom. King Albert has failed the people. Is this the opportunity that Sarah has been hoping for? Will her father be able to rally the people to remove the enemy and depose his brother? Or is it time for her to let go of her own fairy tale and enter into a new reality?

[/description]

If this interests you, please let me know and I can send the first few chapters or the entire manuscript if you should so choose.

Thank you for your consideration.

#BeBlessed and #StaySafe
~Franky

message 25: by G.L. (new)

G.L. Wilson | 29 comments Hi Tina

If you’re still looking for a read let me pitch my book. It concerns a 17 year old boy so has lots of the NA YA elements that might appeal.

My novel is about the way in which boys were influenced by other men in the 1970s and how they have had to come to terms with that legacy.

The book is about secrets and choices, a psychological page turner set in the 1970s it follows one boy, destined for success and wealth in later years and looks at the turning point in his life.

The Carol Singer is 100,000 words long.
Let me know if you’re interested.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love a second eye on my manuscript.

William and the Kingdom of Emps is a 63k word existential sci-fi comedy about an artificial intelligence who destroys his world so he creates a simulation of the future to see how it would have turned out had he never existed.

Let me know if this might be something you'd be interested in.

mcmorgan1988@gmail.com

message 27: by Grace (new)

Grace Valley | 6 comments Hi Tina,
If you are interested, I have a space opera. The word count is 127K. The storyline uses a found family scenario with multiple points of view. There is character development, world building, lots of focus on family dynamics amongst its' crew. It is the first book in a four-book series. Being in space the genre is classified as a science fiction, but it has it's own mythological elements that also give it a fantasy quality. It's protagonist are unexpected for a space opera. They are the crew of an agricultural trading vessel commanded by a female captain. If you have an interest or want more information you can PM me. Thank you for your time. Grace

message 28: by Chris (new)

Chris Cook | 20 comments Hi! I am in the search of the beta reader for the first chapter of my sci-fi novel.
Plot: Girl meets young alien boy
For beta readers, I have a small questioner after reading. The questions are mostly about the story itself.
If interested, please DM me or send e-mail chris.cook0275@gmail.com

message 29: by Annie (new)

Annie Connolly  | 6 comments Hi Tina,

I have a picture book for 4-8 year olds, about 2,500 words, and wondered if that is something you would be interested in reading.

If you are, I would love for you to take a look.

Cheers,
Annie

message 30: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi Annie,
I would love to. What kind of feedback are you looking for? Feel free to email me at latine33@hotmail.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you

Tina

message 31: by Anna (new)

Anna | 10 comments Hi Tina!
Would you be interested in reading a 22K word novella from the point of view of a rock?
Here's a little synopsis:
Gray is a cynical (and slightly pretentious) rock residing on the Westside river bank. He leads a relatively normal existence, until a little girl named Andrea puts him in her pocket and takes him home. Then, as the little girl goes about her daily life, both Gray and Andrea come to a realization: Maybe humans aren't so scary?

message 32: by J. Lynn (new)

J. Lynn | 12 comments Hi, if you are interested in reading my YA fantasy of about 68,000 words, please PM me!
Synopsis: Assumed identity, intense PE, and people trying to kill him: Amar just can’t get a break in any world he’s in! When Amar Hassan washes up on the shore of a mysterious world, he’s assumed to be a Seer, a mystic warrior sent to liberate the Forgotten from a tyrannical king. Amar can’t even face the school football team without running away, but he’ll have to train if he wants to survive in this new world. He can’t run and hide from danger here- not with a cave full of people desperately depending on him. Or at least, that’s what he’s trying to convince himself.

message 33: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Walker | 22 comments Tina wrote: "Hi,

Hey Tina,

Do you like poetry? I have a short 3 chapter poetry book approx 90 poems, its a nonfiction love story, if you would be interested feel free to email me at bethanywalker387@gmail.com :)

message 34: by Aurialis (new)

Aurialis  (aurialis) | 16 comments Hii. My book is a mix of few genres - Adult fiction, mystery, romance. I am only asking for a beta read for the first chapter of about 2800 words.

In the first chapter, you will be introduced to the main character Ava and some insight in her daily life. She lives in a small town.

If you are interested, let me know and I will forward you my draft. Thanks

message 35: by Chantal (last edited Jul 12, 2020 07:24AM) (new)

Chantal Lyons | 15 comments Hey Tina! I'm looking for beta readers for the third draft of my 85,000 word YA sci-fi. Pitch below - my email is chantallyons@gmail.com or reply via Goodreads, if you have the time and you like the sound of the novel :)

An island. A space station. A virtual reality.
They didn’t choose the worlds they were born into. But they will choose what happens next.

'A Book for the End of the World' follows the intertwining stories of three teenagers in 2097, on (and off) a planet that has been reshaped by climate change. Dani helps her dad run an ageing carbon capture plant on a Scottish island. Ree waits for the ark ships to be ready to take them and their family away to colonise a distant planet. Conrad whiles away his days in paradise.

When the three of them find each other online, they’re only looking for someone to talk to. But as storms gather, as society on the space station buckles, and as paradise turns to prison, they will change more destinies than just their own.

message 36: by April (new)

April | 5 comments Hi!

I'm looking for a beta reader for my book!

It is nonfiction, 2 chapters so far. It's about doing something every day that makes you happy!

Please let me know if I may send it to you!

Thanks!
April

message 37: by Adva (new)

Adva Shaviv ☆ ADHD fantasy (advashaviv) | 4 comments Hi Tina,

Thanks for your offer!

I need feedback on a short story (7,500 words). It's an ADHD fairytale fantasy for YA/ adult. I would also appreciate feedback on the teaser:

ADHD is magic. Sometimes, dark magic.
Kay is a new fairy, who’s a bit too much for some tastes. Rather than granting wishes, she finds herself failing on account of being distracted, forgetful, impulsive and lacking concentration. Things aren't getting any better when society accuses her of purposeful offence. She wouldn’t wish to wish the wish the witch wishes, but how to tell a fairy from a witch?

If you're currently available and interested, please message me.

Thanks,
Adva

message 38: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth | 53 comments Tina wrote: "Hi,

Hi Tina

I've just finished a 49,000 word vampire novella. The texture and flavor of my book is similar to the comic book "Spawn." It is an origin story of a vampire hero battling against a gallery of supervillains. If you're interested in reading my novella, shoot me an email.

Ken

message 39: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Walker | 22 comments Tina wrote: "Hi,

Hello Tina,

Would you be interested in a short 3 chapter poetry book, roughly 90 poems that tells a nonfiction love story?

if you would be interested please feel free to email me at bethanywalker387@gmail.com :)

message 40: by Gerard (new)

Gerard O'Neill | 74 comments Hello Tina,

I have a 36k-word YA science fiction book completed and in need of your sharp eyes. I am looking for your suggestions on the plot, characters, story continuity, and generally where you think the story needs tightening or perhaps aspects that could be expanded on. This is an ARC of book 2 of the Atoma series. I can also send you the published Book 1 for a review if you wish.

Atoma is a 16-year-old girl, who along with a group of teenagers, all outcasts like her, finds herself on an odd-shaped planet in a star system light-years from Earth. None of them really had a choice but to accept a mission that was shrouded in secrecy.

Following a crash landing, Atoma and Nako are rescued by Ilyin, a young warrior about their age. They quickly discover something is badly amiss in this very strange world. Atoma lives to return to Earth to discover a home and her family erased from her memory, but now there’s Ilyin, and despite Nako's warning, Atoma finds herself increasingly drawn to the boy.

The coming-of-age, action-adventure with large helpings of suspense and thrills continues. You can find the link to Book 1 below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Thank you
~ Gerard

message 41: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi Gerald,
I'm normally don't read science fiction but if you would mind sending me the first two chapters I can read them and send you my thoughts if my feedback is what you are looking for than I would love to read the rest. Let me know if that works for you

Tina

message 42: by Gerard (new)

Gerard O'Neill | 74 comments Hi Tina,

I have just now emailed the chapters to you. Thank you very much for offering to look at my work. It's totally appreciated.

Gerard

message 43: by William (new)

William R | 13 comments Hi Tina

Hi Victoria. I have finished my book and its been to a Developmental Editor. It's a suspense/thriller right at 100,000 words. Over 20 people have read and loved it. I'm looking for a Beta to give me last minute advice. It's called "Killing Fiath and here's a synopsis.

“There’s nothing that boggles the human mind more than trying to keep someone who will not stay or get rid of someone who will not go.”

Killing Faith is the riveting story told by Faith Brunick, a mother of three children looking back on her life and describing her hopeless situation. She was once married to a very successful lawyer. Unhappy in the marriage she has a long affair and divorces her husband. After several failed relationships she decides to stop dating. Out of nowhere she meets the "man of her dreams" who wins her over and makes her believe in love again. He seems perfect – handsome, smart, and successful. Is her dream man the answer to her prayers or another nightmare that will destroy her life? Killing Faith is a real thriller that will leave you stunned when you realize it can happen to anyone

Killing Faith is a riveting thriller that will keep you hooked until the last page. If you like Gone Girl or Girl on a Train you’ll love this book.

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Hi Willam, unfortunately I will be able to read until mid September. So I prefer not to take on anything before then. I apologize. Good luck!

Tina

message 45: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hey, Tina!

I'm seeking beta readers for a 7.300 word short story called "This Might Have Been A Different Story." This story is set in Regency England (early 1800s).

About the story:

Miss Jane Everleigh is caught stealing a diamond necklace from a shopkeeper, Mr. William Hartford. William has long been infatuated with Jane, so instead of sending her to Newgate Prison, he strikes a deal with her. She may borrow the necklace to impress the man of her daydreams, Lord Grandford, but for a favor.

If you're interested in reading, please contact me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com.

Best,
Kat Devitt

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina (teadee) | 110 comments Anyone looking for a beta reader? I'm looking to help some authors out by reading their work and offering my thoughts. Feel free to message me if interested! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Tina

message 47: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments I recently used Tina as a beta reader for a historical romance short story, and I was very happy with her feedback! She also has quick turnaround time, which I always see as a plus when looking for a beta reader. She also gives great feedback with thoughts on how to improve a story. I recommend!

message 48: by Gerard (new)

Gerard O'Neill | 74 comments Tina has just beta read the second book of my Atoma series and I have to say she has been a tremendous help. Her turnaround time is fast, only a few days, but she does a tremendous read through. Her excellent observations allowed me to see exactly what I needed to focus on and improve. Tina's suggestions have proven very insightful. Yes, totally recommended!

message 49: by Aleister (new)

Aleister  Hanek (aleisterhanek) | 18 comments Tina wrote: "Hi,

Hello Tina,

I'm starting a dark fantasy series centered around a conflict between Shades and Revenants versus Psychic Knights. The first installment is a short story about a young woman in training to become such a knight. She is overeager to combat revenants, despite the danger, and in this story she unfortunately gets her wish in a terrible way which she does not predict.

I would be very grateful for your feedback. I've mostly received positive feedback so far but I definitely need more. If you're interested I can share this with you either as a word document or in googledocs.

Thanks for making your post. I'll be grateful if you can offer your services.

-Aleister Hanek

message 50: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Doliczny | 5 comments Hi Tina

If you are still available please consider my epic fantasy 116k for an honest (and hopefully enjoyable) read.

Blurb :

The kingdom of Eldertude is dying.

Thangrath’s curse continues to eat away at the people, turning them into something far more sinister. All attempts of containment have failed. Alliances have broken down to the point war now looms on the horizon.

Faith in King Vidal's reign has dwindled. Even his own council is plotting against him. The Collector, the richest man in the Borrowed Lands, delivers a message. A promise of salvation, but it comes with a heavy price. The king sends his only son, Prince
Zander, in a search for answers.

Others in the kingdom are merely trying to survive. Famine and poverty are rife, as many have the added burden of hiding their sick. If discovered they are sent beyond the gates of Hellrous, into the zones.

Alone in the desert the Yellow Templar continue their rituals. They worship the tomb of a demon, whilst gathering more slaves. If the seal is broken, the world will fall into a new nightmare.

« previous 1