Play Book Tag discussion

Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)
This topic is about Long Road to Mercy
January 2020: Thriller > Long Road to Mercy - David Balacci (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1360 comments Long Road to Mercy - David Baldacci

4 stars

Long Road to Mercy is the first book in Baldacci's Atlee Pine series. It is about FBI field agent Atlee Pine whose region covers the Grand Canyon and its surrounding areas of Arizona. When a dead mule is found mutilated in the Canyon and one of the tourists from the mule tour is missing, Atlee is called in to solve the case. I really enjoyed this book. Often for me, the key to a good thriller or mystery is the characters and I really liked the characters here. Atlee is a great protagonist and I really liked her secretary. They make a great pair. I also liked the sense of place he creates for both the DC area and the Grand Canyon. The mystery was good and very timely with today's political situation, but it was the characters and settings that really impressed me more than the plot. If you are looking for a new series with a strong female lead, give this one a try.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7479 comments I have had this on my real world shelf since it came out-good to see the series has promise!