Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

The Wright Brothers > 4. difference/similarities between brothers.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
4. What differences and similarities -- did you note between the two brothers? What qualities attributed to their genius.

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Wilbur seemed more serious and to the letter than Orville. I think Orville liked the fame more than Wilbur did.

I think talking out their problems and errors helped each other with new ideas. Didn't it say they would argue their point and then both come back the next morning deciding the other was right?

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments They both seemed to be very driven and were obviously hard-working. I think Orville was more interested in fashion and popularity. Wilbur seemed only to care about his inventing. Of course, they both cared deeply about their family.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
From what I've read, I have learned that Wilbur was perhaps the more creative of the boys. Orville and Wilbur were both extremely hard working men. The people in Kitty Hawk had said that they had never seen such hard working men before.

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments I was actually surprised at the great amount of time they spent apart between Washington, Paris, Dayton, New York... I had always considered them a package deal! I realize that doesn't answer the question, but it's something I didn't know before.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments That's true, Barb! I didn't know that either.