Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

The Wright Brothers > 2. Members contribute to family success.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
2. How did each family member contribute to the Wright Brother's success?
(Wilbur, Orville, Katharine, Bishop Milton)

message 2: by Carol (last edited Jan 26, 2020 02:15PM) (new)

Carol (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
My thought on this while reading was that their family taught good moral values and the importance of work when they were young. I could feel it while I was reading it. It was very well taught. Parents and children have the responsibility to teach each other. It was so well explained and taught to family members.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Katherine was always supportive. I think the letters back and forth helped show family support. And the brothers worked well together and trusted each other.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I think Wilbur was considered the family genius and Orville and Katherine viewed their roles as supporting Wilbur however they could. Not that they just deferred to him - there were many examples of the siblings disagreeing about things. But those disagreements seemed to often have the purpose of leading to Wilbur's (and thereby the family's) success. The Bishop seemed to delight in his children's successes but he also seemed to often just stay out of their ways and let them chart their own paths. He was often away on Church business.

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (deckerbunch) | 227 comments I'm glad that the author included Katherine's role in the book. Clearly she gave up much to support her brothers--especially Orville. I'm glad history hasn't forgotten her.