What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Scruples
This topic is about Scruples
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary adult - college girl w/$ but w/no confidence goes to Paris to stay w/her Mom's friend & friends' daughters. Loses weight, learns to dress w/style, develops confidence, goes back to US, becomes magazine editor eventually. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill | 2 comments I read this in 1975-1985 -ish. it was a a new book then. The Paris family did not have much money. The college girl did. She lost weight because they had very small meals at home and she was too intimidated to try to buy food when she was out because she didn't speak French well. I remember that when the mom's friend took the girl clothes shopping because all her clothes had gotten too big, the description was of the sales clerk getting items from behind the counter since at that time you couldn't browse for clothes in Paris stores. She bought a simple stylish navy sweater and navy skirt.
She builds confidence and eventually becomes a magazine editor which I think happened in the sequel.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 780 comments Scruples by Judith Krantz? She didn't become an editor though.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill | 2 comments Sue!!! You are amazing!!! Thank you so much. That’s it!! I appreciate you!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Jill. Here's the link for Sue's find - Scruples by Judith Krantz.

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 780 comments There's a couple of sequels; Scruples 2 and Lovers.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Duplicate thread deleted.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Scruples (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judith Krantz (other topics)