#ClassicsCommunity 2021 Reading Challenge discussion

Buddy Reads > Feb Agatha Christie: The Sittaford Mystery

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by library girl reading (last edited Jan 22, 2020 07:36AM) (new)

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) For Feb. we will be reading The Sittaford Mystery.

The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie

First discussion: Chapters 1-16: Feb 15th
Second discussion Chapters 17-31 : Feb 22nd - We will also pick March's Agatha Christie book that weekend as well.

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Will anyone be joining me on reading The Sittaford Mystery this month?

message 3: by Nada (new)

Nada (nadaoq) | 112 comments Me!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Nada wrote: "Me!"

Yippee!

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika | 79 comments I will be as well. Just waiting for my copy to come in the mail ☺️

message 6: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 3 comments Will get a copy and join in!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Teresa wrote: "Will get a copy and join in!"

So happy you are joining in!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Erika wrote: "I will be as well. Just waiting for my copy to come in the mail ☺️"

Great! Thanks for joining in the read along. This one is one of my favorites!

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (goodreadscomrumbelle517) | 38 comments I will be continuing War & Peace for February, but first going to finish The Warden by Trollop and a non-classic I’m so close to finishing.

message 10: by Gia (new)

Gia Yes, I'm in! Just got my copy in the mail:)

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Gia wrote: "Yes, I'm in! Just got my copy in the mail:)"

So Happy! This is one of my favorites. Hope you like it as well!

message 12: by Gia (new)

Gia Me too! Good to know:) I'm sure I will....I'm a Christie fan all the way!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Gia wrote: "Me too! Good to know:) I'm sure I will....I'm a Christie fan all the way!"

Same here! I would love to own all her books! She really knows how to captivate the reader.

Be thinking of what we should read for March!

message 14: by Gia (new)

Gia Me too! She sure does; amazing talent! Okay, I sure will :)

message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue Houghton (lulubelle19) | 23 comments Just a few chapters in and enjoying already 😊

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Sue wrote: "Just a few chapters in and enjoying already 😊"

So glad! I loved all the twist and turns! Can't wait to discuss it with you

message 17: by Vera (new)

Vera | 6 comments Ηί! I will join too!! I loved the previous one! I also recomend the classic bbc tv moview! Have you seen them?

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Vera wrote: "Ηί! I will join too!! I loved the previous one! I also recomend the classic bbc tv moview! Have you seen them?"

I haven't seen the movie! I'm going to look that up. I've seen the BBC Miss Marple episode of this book which was okay but weird since Miss Marple was not a part of this book.

message 19: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (that_stokes_gal) | 28 comments I will join!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Kris wrote: "I will join!"

So glad your joining in!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Hoping everyone enjoy's The Sittaford Mystery. We will discuss chapters 1-16 next Saturday!

Will everyone be able to get there by then? Will you go past that and finish it to find out who did it?? :)

Also be thinking of our March Christie book to read. List the Agatha Christie book you'd like to read next and we will do a vote on it next meet up.

message 22: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (that_stokes_gal) | 28 comments shannon wrote:
Hoping everyone enjoy's The Sittaford Mystery. We will discuss chapters 1-16 next Saturday!
Will everyone be able to get it done by then? Will you go past that and finish it to find out who did it?? :)
Also be thinking of put March Agatha Christie book to read. List the Agatha Christie book you'd like to read next and we will do a vote on it next meet up

I started yesterday; however, I believe I will be able to finish in time. Really loving thus far. A few suggestions I have for next month would be "Sparkling Cyanide", "Why didn't they ask Evans?" or "Murder on the Orient Express" I am so flexible, though! Have a nice weekend!

message 23: by Nada (new)

Nada (nadaoq) | 112 comments Kris wrote: "shannon wrote:
Hoping everyone enjoy's The Sittaford Mystery. We will discuss chapters 1-16 next Saturday!
Will everyone be able to get it done by then? Will you go past that and finish it to find..."

I'm for Sparkling Cyanide!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Sparkling Cyandide is a great suggestion it's been on my tbr for a long time and I bought a copy for my daughter at Christmas (it's her favorite Christie book)

message 25: by Erika (new)

Erika | 79 comments I believe I'll also be able to finish those chapters by next Saturday (my copy finally came in the mail this week). As for a suggestion for the next pick... perhaps Murder at the Vicarage? I haven't read Marple in a long time.
Why Didn't They Ask Evans and Sparkling Cyanide are also really great suggestions!

message 26: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (that_stokes_gal) | 28 comments thank you, Erika. I think Miss Marple is a great suggestion ad well. :)

message 27: by Gia (new)

Gia I am really enjoying this book! Yes, I'll be finished with those chapters by today. And, I will not be reading ahead because I don't want to taint Saturday's discussion in any way. I'll probably reread Chapters 1-16 over again this week, lol! I feel like I missed some important facts the first time around. I don't have any suggestions yet on the next read but I'll be sure to vote on your good ideas!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Gia wrote: "I am really enjoying this book! Yes, I'll be finished with those chapters by today. And, I will not be reading ahead because I don't want to taint Saturday's discussion in any way. I'll probably re..."

This one does have a lot of information, a lot going on and a lot of characters. Even as a re re read I'm reading things I had forgotten about! I can't wait to discuss this book with you guys. It's probably my second favorite of hers that I've read so far. Sleeping Murder is my favorite so far.

I really want to read The Pale Horse before it comes on Amazon Prime in April.

message 29: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (that_stokes_gal) | 28 comments I think Pale Horse is a great suggestion, Shannon.

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Let's Vote For March:

A: Pale Horse

or

B: Sparkling Cyanide

message 31: by Gia (new)

Gia I vote for B, Sparkling Cyanide.

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Gia wrote: "I vote for B, Sparkling Cyanide."

That one does look good!

message 33: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (that_stokes_gal) | 28 comments I vote A :)

message 34: by Gia (last edited Feb 10, 2020 08:16AM) (new)

Gia Shannon wrote: "Gia wrote: "I vote for B, Sparkling Cyanide."

That one does look good!"

I agree. I ended up voting for B because A looks like it could be pretty darn scary! I'm such a wimp, lol!

message 35: by Vera (new)

Vera | 6 comments i really like the sittaford mystery. So different from the bbc series. I would like for Emily to solve the murder by herself .

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Vera wrote: "i really like the sittaford mystery. So different from the bbc series. I would like for Emily to solve the murder by herself ."

Yes I loved Emily! I didn't know bbc had a Sittaford mini series. I wonder if we can watch it in America!?

message 37: by Nada (new)

Nada (nadaoq) | 112 comments Shannon wrote: "Vera wrote: "i really like the sittaford mystery. So different from the bbc series. I would like for Emily to solve the murder by herself ."

Yes I loved Emily! I didn't know bbc had a Sittaford mi..."

I think they featured it in an episode of the Miss Marple series

message 38: by Nada (new)

Nada (nadaoq) | 112 comments I'm voting for Sparkling Cyanide

message 39: by library girl reading (last edited Feb 15, 2020 04:51AM) (new)

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) The discussion thread for The Sittaford Mystery is up and ready, also the voting is at the end so don't forget to pick March's book.

We already know April we will be reading Death on the Nile.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 40: by Gia (new)

Gia Shannon wrote: "The discussion thread for The Sittaford Mystery is up and ready, also the voting is at the end so don't forget to pick March's book.

We already know April we will be reading Death on the Nile.

ht..."

Great! I'll get April's book ordered! :) This is so fun!

library girl reading (gidgetsbookshelves) Gia wrote: "Shannon wrote: "The discussion thread for The Sittaford Mystery is up and ready, also the voting is at the end so don't forget to pick March's book.

We already know April we will be reading Death ..."

It is a lot of fun! Thank you girls for reading along with me! I love talking about Agatha Christie and hearing everyones thoughts.

message 42: by Gia (new)

Gia You're welcome:) Thank you, Shannon, for hosting this group!

message 43: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (that_stokes_gal) | 28 comments @shannon thank you for hosting!

#ClassicsCommunity 2021 Reading Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sittaford Mystery (other topics)