What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Girl Who Owned a City: The Graphic Novel
This topic is about The Girl Who Owned a City
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Post-apocalyptic world where only people under 18 are left and they rule over each other. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new) - added it

Lu | 6 comments I am looking for a graphic novel, fairly new within the last 10 years maybe. It is about an apocalyptic world where only people under 18 are left. They start making clans and fighting for resources. The main character is a girl who leads one of the clans...
SPOILER:
There was a scene where they were pouring hot oil down the sides of the school building the main characters “clan” was living/hiding out in as it was being invaded by a rival “clan”. In the process the leader of the rival clan got half of his face badly burnt. It was pretty gory and I definitely got in trouble for reading it during school.

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (princessgi) | 1 comments I'm not sure of this book but I want to be included in this thread because it sounds interesting!

message 3: by HannaClara (new)

HannaClara | 11 comments Don't know about the novel but it sounds a lot like this show "the Tribe" that aired early 2000's. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274988/

Perhaps google graphic novels like the tribe and see what shows up :p

message 4: by Gerd (new)

Gerd | 224 comments I remember something like that from a French publisher:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Blaikie | 121 comments Possibly The Girl who owned a City. It’s a pretty old book, but has also been published as a graphic novel within about the last ten years.
The Girl Who Owned a City The Graphic Novel by O.T. Nelson

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15735 comments Alone: the Vanishing for the English link.

message 8: by Lu (new) - added it

Lu | 6 comments It’s The Girl Who Owned a City. Thank you everyone!