Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

The Word Is Murder (Hawthorne and Horowitz Mystery, #1)
This topic is about The Word Is Murder
Book Discussion and Reviews > The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2020 07:23AM) (new)

I'm part way through The Word Is Murder and I've already recommended it to a friend, this book is wild! Wondering if anyone else has read it and what you thought about it? I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow, but even just partway through its already got a 5 stars vibe going on for me :)

The author putting himself into the story as a main character is so cool, I don't think I've ever read a book with that kind of twist?

Viktoria Valkova | 102 comments I loved it too! The second one is also very good.

I haven't read anything similar either. If anything springs to mind, let me know :)

If you haven't read it yet, I would recommend "Magpie Murders". It was the first one I read and it made me read the others!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Viktoria wrote: "I loved it too! The second one is also very good.

I haven't read anything similar either. If anything springs to mind, let me know :)

If you haven't read it yet, I would recommend "Magpie Murder..."

I didn't realize it's part of a series! I haven't read any other books by the author, will be adding all of them to my TBR list, lol.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished it last night and loved it! I've added the sequel to my TBR list, as well as a couple of his other books. Love finding a new author that instantly clicks with me :)

Kelly (kelly_s) | 41 comments I really loved The Word Is Murder! I read it last year and while I enjoyed the mystery, I was most fascinated with how the author inserted himself into the story. I don't ever remember reading another book with that particular theme or approach.

I actually liked the first book so much that I just finished reading The Sentence is Death for ATY prompt #3: a book I was prompted to read because of something I read in 2019.

Like @Viktoria, I read Magpie Murders first and that sent me on my Anthony Horowitz journey!

message 6: by Robin P, Orbicular Mod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin P | 1820 comments Mod
I thought this was a hoot. Some people didn't like how Horowitz inserted himself and his work, but I thought it was great. I also loved The Magpie Murders.