What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA romance book about a girl who endures 7 deadly sins trials in order to keep her mom alive

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bao (new)

Bao Pham | 1 comments This is a YA romance book for sure.

The protagonist is a girl that has a dying mother and she is desperate to find a way to keep her alive. She meets this mysterious and powerful man on the side of a road and he says that if she comes live with him, he can keep her mom alive. At the manor, she faces trials that have to do with the 7 deadly sins. I know for sure in her Greed trial, she was shown to a room with many pretty dresses but she passed because she showed no interest in the materialistic items. I ALSO know for sure that during her Lust trial, she and the powerful guy had an aphrodisiac and they ended up having sex. She was terrified she had lost the trial but he reassured that she didn't fail because they had sex out of love, not out of lust. In the end she did pass, but there was a plot twist that her mother knew the powerful dude all along, and her mom was also very powerful.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4228 comments The Goddess Test sounds likely?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35138 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter - Ayshe's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=kP9...

From the book: "Death is process of dying. Being dead is what happens after death has occurred." "Oh." I'd purposely ignored thoughts of my mother actually dying - whether it'd be painful, if there was a bright light..." | "Gluttony. I had to think for a moment, but once I realized where I'd heard the word before, I froze. "The seven deadly sins? That's what I'm being tested on?"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Goddess Test (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Aimee Carter (other topics)