Play Book Tag discussion

Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #7)
This topic is about Angels Flight
January 2020: Thriller > Angels Flight by Michael Connelly - 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeremiah Cunningham | 717 comments Angels Flight by Michael Connelly
3 Stars

An activist attorney is killed in a cute little L.A. trolley called Angels Flight, far from Harry Bosch's Hollywood turf. But the case is so explosive--and the dead man's enemies inside the L.A.P.D. are so numerous--that it falls to Harry to solve it. Now the streets are superheating. Harry's year-old Vegas marriage is unraveling. And the hunt for a killer is leading Harry to another high-profile L.A. murder case, one where every cop had a motive. The question is, did any have the guts?

I would say reading the Harry Bosch series is a guilty pleasure, but in actuality I don't feel guilty about it at all. I find the books to be enjoyable with excellent characters and fun story lines, even if not always plausible. This book was no different and as such I will continue to read and enjoy the Harry Bosch series.

There is not much to include in a review of this particular book that is unique from the overall series -- I find the character development and plot development to be natural, I find the twist and turns in the book to be appropriately placed and well nuanced, and I find the ending of the book to be wrapped up sufficiently without droning on forever after the plot is finished.

Overall, these are fun reads that are well written.

message 2: by annapi (new) - added it

annapi | 5117 comments This was the basis for season 5 (I think) of Bosch, the Amazon series, and it was wonderfully done.

Jeremiah Cunningham | 717 comments annapi wrote: "This was the basis for season 5 (I think) of Bosch, the Amazon series, and it was wonderfully done."

It is actually Season 4, but because the seasons are so random in which books they are based off of I won't watch any of it. I could watch seasons 2 and 4 at this point, but not 1 and 3 because they are based on later books.