Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

The Princelings of the East (Princelings of the East, #1)
This topic is about The Princelings of the East
READ 4 REVIEW > The Princelings of the East - Audiobooks

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemima (last edited Jan 22, 2020 04:50AM) (new) - added it

Jemima Pett | 1312 comments Mod
It is ten years since I published this book, the first in what became the Princelings of the East saga.

Now it's out in Audiobook format on Audible, iTunes and Amazon (links to follow).

Whether you have read and reviewed the paperback or ebook or not, I'd love for you to review the audiobook, especially on your preferred purchase site. A quickie on Goodreads would be smashing, too!

This is the third edition of the book, as I have tweaked the second edition a little to make it better for the narrator, Christopher Preece. I heard Chris recording an audiobook as part of the introduction to his appearance on The Voice UK, and said - that's my Fred! So I tracked him down and the rest is history. He sang 'Prince Ali' from Aladdin for his Voice audition, and it's on Youtube if you'd like to see it :)

If you're interested, let me know, and I'll give you a code for a free download.

audiobook cover

The Princelings of the East was originally a trilogy telling the adventures of our heroes Fred and George. Two innocents abroad, they leave the security of their isolated castle and venture out into a world of castles, tunnels, pirates and lost cities.

message 2: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 174 comments Congrats!

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1668 comments Mod
So excited that the audio book is finished! Happy to review, if you want feedback from someone who is deeply engaged with the series :) (Haven't been back to Book 1 for a long time, though).

message 4: by Jemima (new) - added it

Thanks, JS!

Rebecca, it's always interesting to return to these things, so if you want to, I'll send you a code.

For me, returning to book 2 has been even more interesting, because it's a long time since I've read it. Over 5 years for sure, since that's when the paperback came out. I see what people mean about 'hitting my stride'!

message 5: by Jemima (last edited Mar 20, 2020 10:11AM) (new) - added it

I still have some audiobook free download codes if anyone is hunting for something suitable for a family listen when stuck at home!

message 6: by Jemima (new) - added it

I've had some takers, but I have plenty of free downloads for anyone else who's interested.

Surely somebody likes listening to free books?

message 7: by Justine (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 301 comments Hi Jemima,

Can I have an Amazon one please?

message 8: by Jemima (new) - added it

Justine wrote: "Hi Jemima,

Can I have an Amazon one please?"

Sent via message.

To any other takers - say whether you need a US or a UK code.

message 9: by Jemima (last edited Sep 07, 2020 06:14AM) (new) - added it

I now have the second book in the series out on audio The Princelings and the Pirates

Swashbuckling adventure when Fred and George are pressganged into the pirate band... Shipwreck and battles result - and the discovery of a heroic female to save the day!

audiobook cover

Again, contact me by message or here to request a code, saying whether UK or US (I think other countries have the US one - it's a tax thing.)

message 10: by Jemima (new) - added it

Both audiobooks still on offer.

Alexa Riley | 4 comments I will take a US code please!

message 12: by Jemima (new) - added it

Alexa wrote: "I will take a US code please!"

For one or both? :)

Alexa Riley | 4 comments Let’s do both if you don’t mind 😊

message 14: by Jemima (new) - added it

They are on their way to your via Goodreads Message :)

message 15: by Jemima (new) - added it

It won't be long till the third one is ready to publish, I hope :)