Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > General Nominations - March 2020

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Feb 18, 2020 02:40PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hello, fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller Readers,

Nominations for our (April) General Book of the Month are now open. To ensure your nomination will be included in our poll, please make sure it conforms to the following guidelines:

✔️ You may nominate one (1) book.

✔️Only members who have actively participated in prior book discussions will be permitted to nominate books for the following month. If you have recently joined the group, please do participate in the current month's discussion so you qualify as a valid nominator.

✔️By entering a nomination you are agreeing to act as our Discussion Leader for the month-long Book Discussion for that book, if it wins.

Don't worry it is neither difficult nor time consuming. The moderators are here to help in the event that you need a hand. Please refrain from nominating a book if you are not prepared to lead the discussion.

✔️ Your nomination should be in the crime, mystery, or thriller genres or their subgenres.

✔️Your nomination should not have been read by the group in the past 24 months.

✔️A book is only eligible if it is available in paperback and digital formats in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.

Please understand we are trying to give all our members the opportunity to participate in our book discussions. We don't want to exclude a significant portion of our members because they do not have availability to the book nominated.

✔️You may only nominate the first book in a series.

The 2nd and subsequent books in a series may be nominated only after the group has read the prior books in that series.

✔️Post your nomination as a comment below.

DO NOT notify the moderators of your selection by way of a private message, if you do you run the risk of your nomination being excluded from the poll.

✔️To ensure your nomination is included in our poll correctly, do include the name of both the book and the author.You would be surprised at how many books have the same title. You are welcome to use the "add book/author" tool, which is located above the right upper corner of the comment window when you nominate your selection.

📌AUTHORS please note: We DO NOT accept nominations of your own work. Please see our Author/Publisher Guidelines for more information. You are, however, welcome to participate in the nomination (of another author's work), polling, and book discussions in general.

If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in this discussion or message Gem or Jenny directly.

The nomination period will close on Sunday, (Gem will notify members) at approximately 7:3o pm MST (UTC/GMT -7).

Polling will begin on Wednesday, (Gem will notify members).

Thank you and happy reading!

message 2: by Jenny (last edited Feb 10, 2020 10:24PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Running List

1. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn -- Supriya

2. Ripper by Isabel Allende
Ripper by Isabel Allende -- Jamie

message 3: by Supriya (new)

Supriya (beefygoon) Hi,
I would like to nominate Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
I apologize if this is already read by the group.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Supriya wrote: "Hi,
I would like to nominate Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
I apologize if this is already read by the group.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5..."

Supriya, we can accept this nomination. Dark Places was read by this group in 2013 - The group rule is **✔️Your nomination should not have been read by the group in the past 24 months.**

message 5: by Jamie, Moderator (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 152 comments Mod
I nominate Ripper by Isabel Allende.

Ripper by Isabel Allende

Isabel Allende-the New York Times bestselling author whose books, including Maya's Notebook, Island Beneath the Sea, and Zorro, have sold more than 57 million copies around the world-demonstrates her remarkable literary versatility with this atmospheric, fast-paced mystery involving a brilliant teenage sleuth who must unmask a serial killer in San Francisco.

message 6: by Supriya (new)

Supriya (beefygoon) Yay! Thank you for the consideration :)

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Jamie wrote: "I nominate Ripper by Isabel Allende.

Ripper by Isabel Allende

Isabel Allende-the New York Times bestselling author whose books, including Maya's Notebook, Island ..."

Thank you for your nomination, Jamie. I have added it to the running list.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Supriya wrote: "Yay! Thank you for the consideration :)"

My pleasure, Supriya!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.