Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Death at Hazel House (Sukey Reynolds, #1)
This topic is about Death at Hazel House
Archive - Group Reads > Death at Hazel House by Betty Rowlands - February 2020

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Feb 13, 2020 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hello fellow Crime, Mystery & Thriller readers! This discussion is about Death at Hazel House by Betty Rowlands, your discussion leader is Jenny.

Please note: If you have not finished reading the book spoilers are permitted in this discussion from the start.
Death at Hazel House (Sukey Reynolds, #1) by Betty Rowlands Death at Hazel House (Sukey Reynolds, #1) by Betty Rowlands

Summary

Meet Sukey Reynolds: proud mother, wonderful cook… and police photographer turned amateur detective.

Years ago, Sukey was hoping to become a detective but life took a different turn. Now she’s happy to be involved with the local police force, as long as she still gets to work the occasional murder case...

When Sukey arrives to photograph the body of Lorraine Chant, the beautiful wife of a wealthy businessman, she’s baffled. At first, it looks like a botched burglary, as the huge family safe has been left wide open and empty. But why does Lorraine’s rich husband claim nothing was taken? And what is he not telling the police?

Deciding to do a little investigating of her own, things take a darker turn for Sukey when she is set upon by a shady figure. What do they think she knows? As Sukey finds herself in the firing line, can she expose the true killer before it’s too late?

If you love murder mysteries by Agatha Christie, Faith Martin or Joy Ellis, then this unputdownable novel from the bestselling queen of cozy crime will have you hooked!

Jenny (diggensjenny) For me, Death at Hazel House was a little bit slow and I never really engaged with the plot. However, I did like the way Betty Rowlands portrayed her characters and the way they intertwined with each other throughout the book. I would be interested to learn what other readers think of this book.