What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance Fiction, School Life, read it about 4 years ago.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandera (new)

Sandera | 3 comments I'm pretty sure the book was called "do-over," and I think the cover was purple. It was about a girl adjusting into her school life. She gets the ability to turn back 5 seconds of time through an article of clothing her (deceased) mother gave her for one of her birthdays. This ability works for one year, and when she starts using it, she misuses it.

As I said, I'm pretty sure it's named do-over, but I can't find it when I search it up on the internet, so I'm beginning to think it's not the right name.

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Jan 22, 2020 05:32PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments It's ten seconds, but maybe Do-Over by Christine Hurley Deriso?

Imagine having the power to turn back time. Not 100 years--just 10 seconds. Enough to take back those embarrassing missteps and wrong answers.

Elsa's mom died suddenly one year ago, but she appears one night to grant Elsa do-over power. Elsa thinks she dreamt it until she utters the words the next morning and watches her whole world rewind 10 seconds.

Elsa needs the do-over power to become cool at her new school. It's fun taking people's answers and being a star student one day, and gossip queen the next. Even the ultra-popular Slice Girls want to be her friend now. Elsa can re-do anything until she gets it right. So why doesn't her new life feel so perfect?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Do-Over (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christine Hurley Deriso (other topics)