Play Book Tag discussion

Where the Crawdads Sing
This topic is about Where the Crawdads Sing
Archive: Other Books > [PollBallot Tally] Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (last edited Jan 21, 2020 06:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karin | 7301 comments Kya--what to say about this protagonist, known locally as the Marsh Girl? Things start off with such grief and sorrow for her I wasn't sure if I'd finish the book, but the writing is excellent and it's hard not to get drawn into Kya's world. This is the first book this year that's kept me up late, even if it wasn't 5 stars for me.

This book is about love, abandonment, betrayal, loyalty and so much more--there really isn't one word to describe it. There is a great deal more to Kya than initially meets the eye, and there is kindness in a few of the people in the area. I am not going to do any plot summary, discussion of scenes or of the characters. Truth be told, I'm rather glad I didn't read any of the longer, more detailed reviews in any depth, but there are plenty out here if that's your type of review.

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5770 comments I really enjoyed this book. It was great on audio. I'm a sucker for stories about abandoned kids it seems. I really enjoyed the educational/biology aspect of the story and the descriptions of the setting. And the boy who taught her to read. So sweet. The murder story was OK, but I think I would have liked the book just as much without it.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9058 comments Fabulous book!