What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Picture book: Young girl that lives in a treehouse with her guardian goes off into the woods during a thunderstorm (to try and save her friend - an egg).

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Maragnano | 1 comments Children’s Book: Young girl that lives in a treehouse with her guardian goes off into the forest and befriends an egg.

Plot: A little girl (I believe her name was Amelia) lives in a tree house with her guardian and goes into the large forest near her home. She befriends an egg (has eyes, mouth, nose) that talks rather regally to her, like she is a princess almost. One night there’s a really bad storm. She goes into the forest to find him and try to save him.

Binding: hard cover, dark green, and shiny with the lush green forest illustrated on front and back. I believe the egg was on the lower center of the cover. The back inside cover had another drawing of the bird, if not the back cover itself. It was about a foot high, 8in length, and 1/4in thick. Around 20 illustrated pages.

Additional Background: This edition must have been published in the 90’s/early 2000s. The illustrations were beautifully drawn and vibrant colors. The book itself had a deep hunter green theme with white/creme lettering. I was about 6-7 when I remember reading it for the first time (2004-2006). The pages were really crisp and I remember receiving it as a present and thinking it was the coolest looking book I’d ever seen. I thought it was titled Amelia but cannot find it anywhere.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35116 comments Mod
Rachel, can we eliminate Amelia Jane Goes Up the Tree by Enid Blyton?

Where exactly does she find the egg? What size is the egg?

Can you describe the illustrations - e.g., simple/detailed, realistic/cartoony/cute, painted watercolors/bold graphics, bright/dark/muted colors/black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?

Added "Picture book" and "egg" to the topic header/title. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

message 3: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1253 comments This one was tricky but I think I found it! Laura by Binette Schroeder (sorry, can't add the link on the app). You can read a description here: https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-...

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Laura for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Amelia Jane Goes Up the Tree (other topics)
Laura (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Enid Blyton (other topics)