Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Wheesht: Creative Making in Uncertain Times
This topic is about Wheesht
Book Issues > Book attributed to wrong author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fibrelady | 3 comments The book has been attributed to the wrong Kate Davies (who is the author of romance novels). This Kate Davies is a knitter, designer living in Scotland. How do I change the link so that it goes to the right Kate Davies?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23204 comments Fibrelady, go to the correct author profile and on a book edit page you will see how many spaces are in the author name.

Then go to incorrect book in question and match the author name exactly and it will give you the correct author.

Fibrelady | 3 comments Unfortunately, their names match exactly! The Kate Davies that I refer to doesn't have an author's page.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17233 comments If they have different profiles, then there has to be something different about how their names are entered. Can you link to the correct profile here?

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17233 comments Four spaces then. I have moved it.

Fibrelady | 3 comments Thank you all, for your magic! No matter what I did, I kept returning to the other Kate Davies profile.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13173 comments Goodreads uses spaces between the author's first and last names to differentiate between them.