International Book Club discussion

Paige's Book Progress > Memoirs of A Geisha

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

Paige (iampaigeb) | 640 comments Mod
6%
Sitting here, in Starbucks, reading this magnificent book. Frank Sinatra on the speakers. Loving life. Loving the book.

It took me awhile to get into but now I may have hit a moment where I cannot wait to read more. I find myself sleepy at times because it is very autobiography style but you feel the pain for this girl. Her struggles and how she describes everything, you can easily imagine them. I am loving the story.

message 2: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

9%

This is going to be an emotional one. I can tell. I am already at chapter 4 and I want to cry. The writing is so well done.

message 3: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

16%
snooze. that is all I can think. snooze. I can't bring myself to enjoy this book. maybe parts but not all parts. it has moments. not chapters. it's really hard to stay tuned to it I find.

message 4: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

23%

Oh my gosh I am finding this an ever slow read and feel I still cannot get into it yet I feel I can't start another book as I still want to know a little more. my goodness it is like a love hate relationship with this book and I cannot stand it. so far the rating is going to be 3 stars because at 118 pages I feel it still not that great.

message 5: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

25% Done.
75% more to go. I am finding it a bit dry.

message 6: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

31%
Ok....at page 155 It seems to be getting a little interesting now. I feel it's been slow up to this part. I cannot wait to see what it will bring.

message 7: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

40%
it is just starting to get good. only took 200 hundred pages. only 299 to go. I am starting to make a dent and yet I feel my review and rating will only be 3 stars as the story is to repetitive and drags on.

message 8: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

48% Okay finally it has become.good. it took so long for it to pick up now it has. finally and about time.