The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hi! From Tampa, FL USA

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2153 comments Hi. I’m Bruce from Tampa. I’ve been a mystery and thriller fan for over 30 years, since I started watching the movies and reading the books for both James Bond and Sherlock Holmes. I progressed into Agatha Christie shortly after, and eventually the pulp/noir stories of authors such as Chandler and Hammett, and spy novelists such as Len Deighton and Le Carre. PD James is my favorite contemporary mystery writer, although she died not too long ago. I also enjoy Graham Greene’s thrillers, and I’d list him as my favorite general fiction author who falls into the general fiction genre, but not any sub genre, as he was very diverse. My favorite stories are probably the Sherlock Holmes stories.

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1500 comments Welcome Bruce. I like all of those authors. Try Ian Rankin, David Mark and Michael Connelly

message 3: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8696 comments Mod
Hi Bruce, from across the state and south of you, near West Palm. Welcome to our group. I'm happy to see you're not shy about posting!!

message 4: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2153 comments Thank you, Thomas and Nancy.

I may try those authors at some point.

I only moved to Tampa 2 years ago. Before moved here, I did go on a vacation with my parents to West Palm Beach.

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5459 comments Welcome to the group Bruce. Excellent mix of authors you've mentioned. I hope you enjoy yourself here.