The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

ARCHIVE Team Challenge: UNO 2020 > Team Interstellar Tarte Tatin

Comments Showing 1-50 of 965 (965 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

UNO Pixie | 1216 comments
Team Interstellar Tarte Tatin

Team Members:

Ashleigh - Captain
Helke - Co-captain
Rachael - Co-captain
Pieter
Paula Miletic
Amelia
Camilla
Andreea

Team Spreadsheet

message 2: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

message 3: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

message 4: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

message 6: by Ashleigh (last edited Feb 26, 2020 02:20AM) (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments MARCH HANDS

Card		Frequency
0 7
1 6
2 6
3 9
4 8
5 5
6 9
7 6
8 4
9 8
Skip 8
Draw 2 6
Reverse 7
Wild 1
Wild Draw 4 5 - duplicate of a colour card

Plus coloured cards

1 Blue
1 Yellow
1 Green
2 Yellow
3 Red
6 Yellow
8 Blue
8 Red
9 Yellow
WD4 1
WD4 2
WD4 3
WD4 4
WD4 5

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Ashleigh (last edited Feb 14, 2020 02:26AM) (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments FEBRUARY MINI CHALLENGE

Link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Underlined Words -
word in title
word in text
colour of book cover
item on cover
colour of item on cover

Underlined numbers -
page numbers
series number
publication date

airtight
bananas
circle
cold
cornflour
diagonally
dry
eggs
electric
glass
gloves
kiwifruit
lady
limes
moon
orange
passionfruit
peaks
pen
plate
pure
sharp
shredded
spoon
starfruit
stomach
sugar
thickened
touch
vanilla
white

message 8: by Helke (last edited Feb 21, 2020 05:00AM) (new)

Helke (mogelpackung) | 699 comments INFORMATIONS TO HELP
Colour extractor to find out the main colour of a book cover if we can´t decide by vote. You are not required to use it, but it might help.
Tin Eye

THE CARDS AND THEIR MEANING
(view spoiler)

Currently Standings (SS)
here

message 9: by Helke (last edited Jan 22, 2020 11:24AM) (new)

Helke (mogelpackung) | 699 comments Hey all,
I´m Helke from Germany. This is my second time UNO and I´m looking forward to get to know you all. As I have no fix schedule right now, I´ll be online whenever the mood strikes.
At the moment I read nearly only mm romance / erotica but a lot of different genres. What I don´t like is YA or NA.
On the spreadsheet I saw that we have at least three firsttimers. If you have questions please don´t hesitate to ask.

message 10: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 1091 comments I guess since the thread is open we're allowed to introduce ourselves. I'm Camilla from Finland, looking forward to playing another game of Uno with you all. I read mostly fantasy, scifi, horror, thrillers and some nonfiction; prefer to stay away from erotica, westerns, plays and poetry. I work full time, so mostly I'm able to check in early in the morning and in the evening.

message 11: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments Hello! My name is Andreea and I'm from Romania. This is my second time playing UNO. I read romance, fantasy, erotica, contemporary, HR etc. it all depends off my mood. I'm excited for the new friends in this team. I hope we'll have fun during this challenge.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone,
I'm Paula and I'm from Croatia. This is my first UNO challenge and I'm really excited!! I mostly read fantasy(Ya or adult) but I also love historical fiction and scifi. Poetry and thrillers are not really my cup of tea so I mostly stay away from them. I get rather busy during the day so I will probably be most active in the evening.
I'm really looking forward to this!!

message 13: by Pieter (new)

Pieter Hi all! I am Pieter from The Netherlands, but currently living + working in Berlin. This is my first time doing this, or doing any challenge, so I might be asking some questions sooner or later :) Really looking forward to this though.

I mostly read science fiction,historical fiction, apocalyptic novels and some non-fiction. Not a big fan of poetry or romance normally. As you can see my profile is quite empty at the moment. I was quite active on Goodreads a few years ago, but my profile was too much of a mess to reorganize, so I kind of started from scratch in 2020 on a new profile!

Quite busy during the weekdays, but I'll be active a bit in the morning and evenings.

Nice to meet you all and looking forward!

message 14: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 1091 comments Pieter wrote: "Hi all! I am Pieter from The Netherlands, but currently living + working in Berlin. This is my first time doing this, or doing any challenge, so I might be asking some questions sooner or later :) ..."

Ask away! Uno is not a difficult challenge to figure out, just some co-ordination between the team mates is required so that all cards/tasks get done. Uno is one of my favorite team challenges.

message 15: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Hi all! I'm Ashleigh from the UK, and this is my 5th round of UNO! This is one of my favourite challenges on GR and I can't wait to get started.

I read almost anything, but currently reading more fantasy and thrillers than anything else. I work full time but I'll still have access to the thread and the spreadsheet at work.

As Helke said above, any questions, feel free to ask!

Rachael (foreverxbookish) (foreverxbookish) | 393 comments Hi! I’m Rachael from the UK! This is my 3rd time playing and I can’t wait to get started!!

I’ll read anything that interests me but I definitely love fantasy and sci-fi the most. I work quite a lot but will have access to the sheet on the go too!

Looking forward to playing with you all!!

message 17: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (purpleglitterypinecone) | 86 comments Hi!! I’m Amelia and this is my first time playing the UNO challenge.

I’m from the UK and I’ll be pretty active on the site, as I have a lot of spare time at work. I mainly read romance, erotica or psychological thrillers.

I’m really excited to start and can’t wait to play with you all :)

message 18: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments So, today I was looking at our first hand and I found some books that I plan to read in February that work for the colored cards:

The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1) by Sara Ney works for Blue 1 Blue 6

King of the Causeway (King, #9.5) by T.M. Frazier works for Green 2

message 19: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (purpleglitterypinecone) | 86 comments Books I am planning to read that work for some cards in the first hand ~

Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3) by Rina Kent ~ For 2
Friends With The Monsters by Albany Walker ~ For 5

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Richardson Hi I am Nancy from Illinois, USA and I would love to be apart of the UNO Challenge. Thanks

message 21: by Pieter (last edited Jan 24, 2020 12:26AM) (new)

Pieter I am planning to read this book in February, which would fit Red 6 if I am correct. Still deciding on the other one(s), but pretty flexible so I can fill in where needed!

Dry by Neal Shusterman

message 22: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments So, if I remember correctly for Reverse we have to read a book that another team member has read already, right?

message 23: by Helke (new)

Helke (mogelpackung) | 699 comments Yes. That is why we all accept the friend requests so we are able to look at read shelfs.

message 24: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Yes Pieter, that book would work for Red 6 :)

message 25: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Wooooo, we're all signed in! I've also made a copy of the planning spreadsheet template for our team to use. I've linked a lot of stuff in message 5 but here's the link for the planning ss: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

First book I decided on is Grave Mercy as it fits for Reverse (previously read by Ashleigh)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Quick question, do we add the books to the uno shelf after we read them or should we do it before?

message 28: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Ohh such a good book Paula! I really need to get on and finish that series. You can add them before or after, as long as it's on your shelf when you finish it.

message 29: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments Can we start using the planning SS?

message 30: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Yes feel free Andreea!

message 31: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (purpleglitterypinecone) | 86 comments I’m confused. What’s the new spreadsheet for?? I’m new to this, please help.

message 32: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 1091 comments Amelia wrote: "I’m confused. What’s the new spreadsheet for?? I’m new to this, please help."

If you want to let the team know what you will be reading. It's especially helpful to make sure that the trickier cards will be covered, plus it helps the captains if books need to be switched around to cover all the hands. I don't plan my books that much beforehand, so I'll probably not be committing myself to specific books before I've started reading them.

Ashleigh: do you want us to report the read books here or do you want a separate thread for completed books?

message 33: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments In previous years, teams can request a separate thread to post read books and leave the team threads for discussion so we're thinking of requesting a separate thread when they're available if that will make things easier.

message 34: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments Amelia wrote: "I’m confused. What’s the new spreadsheet for?? I’m new to this, please help."

It's easier to follow how many cards a book can fit so the captain and co-caps can fill the Team SS and do the necessary adjustments.

message 35: by Helke (new)

Helke (mogelpackung) | 699 comments Ashleigh did you take a look at the ss I gave you? I found it very easy to use last year as it was the same we have to fill out as captains. We worked with different colours for each player and one colour to indicate the book was read. That gave an easy way to see which cards still needed reading for.

message 36: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Oh just saw this now Helke. Yeah we could do that instead if you wish :)

message 37: by Helke (new)

Helke (mogelpackung) | 699 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Oh just saw this now Helke. Yeah we could do that instead if you wish :)"

It´s not so much what I wish but what you all might find easier. I found last year it very easy to use because you can easily see which cards are spoken for and which books are allready read.

Only thing is that we have to put a place in to put the other cards the book would fit in.
I was a newbie last year and it made filling in books and staying on top of what was needed easy for me.

message 38: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments I'll read for Red 4:

Orientation Week (Breakbattle Academy #0.5) by Ruby Vincent

message 39: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments So I'm thinking if we add another column between the reason and the points column and use that for other cards the book works for. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm front of a computer and see if I can use that format to make a new planning sheet for us :)

Rachael (foreverxbookish) (foreverxbookish) | 393 comments I think that would be helpful if the books need moving around at all!

message 41: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Less than a week until UNO starts! Is everyone ready? What will your first book be?

message 42: by Pieter (new)

Pieter I am excited to start! The first books im thinking about are:

Dry by Neal Shusterman Red 6

and next:

Arm of the Sphinx (The Books of Babel, #2) by Josiah Bancroft (which would fit a 2 if I am correct, since its the 2nd book of a series. Really liked the first book of that series)

message 43: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments Yeah 2nd book in a series works for 2. I've been dying to get started on the Books of the Babel, but for some reason I keep forgetting about them. I've heard really good things about that series though.

Same with Dry. Have you read any of the Scythe books by Neal Shusterman? They are soooooooo good!

message 44: by Morgana (new)

Morgana | 253 comments I plan to start with Scythe by the time of our first mini-challenge! I heard only good things about this series!

message 45: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments The first book blew me away! I think I read it in one day because I just couldn't put it down!

message 46: by Pieter (new)

Pieter Books of Babel is really good so far! Can highly recommend it. Might just finish the whole series in this UNO challenge haha.

Haven't read any of the Scythe books, but they are on my list now :)

message 47: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments The first two Scythe books can be used as Reverse as I've read them.

I may read Senlin Ascends as a Reverse at some point during the challenge, it could be the motivation I need to read it haha.

Also, Helke, Rachael and myself are working on a new planning sheet similar to the format of the team spreadsheet so that may be changing in the next couple of days.

message 48: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 1091 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Less than a week until UNO starts! Is everyone ready? What will your first book be?"

Not sure yet what I'll be able to finish before the start of the challenge from the ones I'm reading now, but probably most of them. I'm currently in the middle of one individual challenge that ends 9th of February, I need to get as many books as possible read for that one. Planning on getting at least High Haven, I Sing the Body Electric! and Other Stories and Creatures of Appetite done in early February.

message 49: by Helke (new)

Helke (mogelpackung) | 699 comments Ashleigh wrote: "Less than a week until UNO starts! Is everyone ready? What will your first book be?"

Can´t plan on my books in advance so much because I´m doing a lot of other challenges and have to wait for the category calls on sunday to look for books. Will try to match my books so I can use one book for several challenges. No easy feat mind you, lol.

message 50: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 746 comments I know that feeling lol!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20