The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

ARCHIVE Team Challenge: UNO 2020 > Team Rocket Muffin

Comments Showing 1-50 of 437 (437 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (last edited Feb 21, 2020 03:30PM) (new)

UNO Pixie | 1216 comments
Team Rocket Muffin

Team Members:
Caroline - Captain
Megan - Co-captain
Anna
Daniela Quintanilla
Karen
Ana
Jenna-Lyn Johnson
Naomi
Victoria
Hiba

Laura

Team Spreadsheet

message 2: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

message 3: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

message 4: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments Posted for ease of reference:

◈ This is a 3 month team challenge starting 1 February 2020 and running until 30 April 2020.

◈ Only books STARTED after the challenge begins can count. The challenge starts on Wednesday February 1, 2019 at 7pm AEDST (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time). To see when this is in your time zone, use this
Countdown Clock

◈ Books can be carried over into the next month, as long as they were started after your time on February first. So books started in February and finished in March WILL count for March.

◈ Books must be more than 100 pages in length. If it is a Childrens book or a graphic novel, we need to verify it is more than 25,000 words on arbookfind.com.

◈ Your finished books need to be on your UNO shelf AND marked as "read" for them to count. Please add them to your shelf only after finishing the book. Make sure the dates are correct and within the time limit.

◈ If you want to reread a book you can not have read it within the last 6 months.

◈ Please make notes IN THIS THREAD of how your book may count. The more options we have the better!

◈ Megan, Kathleen, and I will keep track of all the possible options and shuffle around cards as needed so it's really important that you give us as much information as possible for each book you read.

◈ This is a social challenge, not a competitive one. We'd love to get points, but the main aim of the game is to have fun, read lots, and make new friends :D

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments The UNO Cards
(view spoiler)

For book titles starting with an article (A/An/The), the article can be ignored or used. So The Hiding Place, for example, could be used as title starting with T or H

UNO FAQs. Please let your captains know if the answer to your question is not here.

message 7: by Megan (last edited Feb 26, 2020 03:44AM) (new)

Megan Team Shelves
🚀 Caroline uno-2020
🚀 Megan uno-2020
🚀 Daniela Quintanilla uno_2020
🚀 Karen 2020-uno
🚀 Laura uno 2020
🚀 Ana uno-challenge-2020
🚀 Jenna-Lyn Johnson You-Know-Uno
🚀 Anna uno 2020
🚀Naomi uno-2020-challenge
🚀Victoria Uno 2020
🚀 Hiba Uno 2020

Colour Inspiration!
❤️Red
💙Blue
💚Green
💛Yellow
To find if a cover is more than 50% of a colour, use this colour extrator tool. You are NOT REQUIRED to use tineye. It is linked here as it is usually the best place to check if you are unsure.
Any doubt I'd post it in this thread and ask the team for their opinions. Some covers don't always come out on the tool and the colour they look to you so getting a second opinion is always a good idea.

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan Reserve

message 9: by Caroline (last edited Jan 22, 2020 05:06PM) (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments Hello team!

My name is Caroline, I'm a big fan of fantasy novels, and this is my 5th year playing UNO. I am looking forward to another fun year and excited to play with everyone

UNO Shelf

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura Hi Caroline & team! I'm Laura- this is my 6th year playing Uno. It is definitely one of my favorite challenges. I like most genres though I 'm not a big fan of non -fiction and read of variety of books.

I have a book that will work for 4 yellow-The Murmur of Bees.

My uno shelf uno2020

What is one of your favorite fantasy novels, Caroline?

message 11: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments Thanks for reminding me - yes everyone please add your UNO shelf link so Megan can add them to one of her reserved posts.

Ill be sure to mark you for the Yellow 4, but right now I ask that everyone wait on claiming color cards until we're all accounted for and I've set up the trackers for the month :)

Oh so many - The Discworld books are my absolute favorite, but Im also a sucker for anything with dragons in it. How to Train Your Dragon and the Temeraire series are two of my all time favorites. What about you?

message 12: by Ana (new)

Ana | 117 comments Hello team! I’m Ana, from France.
Its my fourth year playing UNO and I just love it.
This year will be the first year without any exams to pass for me so I will be reading much more (at least I hope so)

I’ll send the link to my UNO shelf tomorrow ‘cause its complicated from a phone and I’m about to sleep haha

I’m really to play with all of you guys for the next 3 months! We’ll be the best team for sure 😎

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura Caroline wrote: "Thanks for reminding me - yes everyone please add your UNO shelf link so Megan can add them to one of her reserved posts.

Ill be sure to mark you for the Yellow 4, but right now I ask that everyo..."

I read a few of the How to Train Your Dragon books for Uno last year or a couple of years ago. For fantasy I like the Dresden series or the Mercy Thompson series.

Hi Ana! No exams must be a relief- hurray for more reading time.

message 14: by Ana (new)

Ana Carolina (taifx) | 3 comments ok, I saw this just now... Sorry, what I lose?

message 15: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments Ana wrote: "ok, I saw this just now... Sorry, what I lose?"

Hi Ana, I think you've got the wrong thread. You are part of Team Spearhead Sorbet :)

message 16: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 44 comments Hi, my name is Jenna and this is my first year in the UNO challenge. Despite what my virtual bookshelf currently advertises, I do read a wide variety of books, both fiction and non-fiction.

Official Team Rocket Muffin Haiku:

Frozen winter nights
Many novels will be read;
UNO challenge on.

Looking forward to reading with all of you :D

message 17: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 44 comments Ha! My Haiku got stubbed 🤗

Frozen winter nights
Many novels will be read;
UNO challenge on.

message 18: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 92 comments Hi, everyone. This is my 2nd year playing UNO. I like most genres except most PNR and Sci Fi.

My UNO shelf is 2020-uno

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Good Morning All!
Well less of a good morning because I woke at 6am to my house alarm going off from a village wide power cut. Such joy at that time of the morning with the chorus of a streets house alarms and the dog barking because it was loud.
Anyway, as Caroline said please post your shelves as soon as you can. - think I need to even make mine lol.
I'm from the UK, this is my second UNO and my favourite genres are Romance, Fantasy and Paranormal/Supernatural. I'm excited to get started.

message 20: by Daniela (new)

Daniela (dquintanilla) | 2 comments Hi team!

I’m Daniela from Perú 🇵🇪, very exited for my first year playing UNO. I’m into all types of books, specially novels and thrillers. I have a big To Read list, and this game will help me boost my speed and get as much reading as possible.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan Hi Daniela!
I hope you enjoy this challenge! Could you when possible post a link to your shelf you'll be using for UNO? :) Thanks

message 22: by Daniela (new)

Daniela (dquintanilla) | 2 comments Hi Megan,

Here's my link to the UNO shelf uno_2020

Dani

message 23: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 44 comments Here's my shelf of books
Contains a list of wonders;
Dwindling winter days.

You know, Uno?

(I think that I am almost done with leaving Haiku everywhere. Almost.)

message 24: by Caroline (last edited Jan 20, 2021 01:48PM) (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments Welcome everyone! I'm happy to see that everyone is so excited to play :D Now that we have pretty much everyone here, lets get into the good stuff:

IMPORTANT: Our UNO strategy. PLEASE READ ME.

This is how we've kept track of what everyone was reading in previous years and it has been really helpful when putting the books into the spreadsheet. Basically everyone will post a comment with their "[insert month here] Reading Plan." You'll just say the books and all of the cards that work for each one (see my comment below).

The plan is not set in stone so don't worry if all you have is the first book you plan on reading. As the month progresses everyone will go back to their original comment to edit, add, and remove books. They will also post the date they finished the book (information we must have for the spreadsheet). Your book will not be entered into the spreadsheet until the read date is there. So don't worry if you don't get to a book on your planned reading list, if won't inconvenience us :D

It is very important you list all of the cards your book can work for. The more information we have on each book the easier it is to shift and cover all the cards, especially during the end of the month scramble. It is perfectly fine if your book only has one or two cards as a "to-read" and then you add the rest as you read/when the book is completed. The only cards that we are going to specifically claim are the color ones (see next message).

This way everyone's books and cards are in one place (instead of scattered throughout our chatting) and this will save a lot of time for captains when we go to fill in the spreadsheet. Of course, still feel free to talk about whatever books you are reading/have finished with the group if you would like :D

Please let us know if you have any questions :)

message 25: by Caroline (last edited Feb 29, 2020 09:38AM) (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments February Color Cards

Blue 1: Howl (Howl #1) by Jody Morse - 1st in a series - Megan - Finished: 5th
Green 1: The Return of Brody McBride (The McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ryan - 1st in a series - Megan - Finished: 17th
Green 2: Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2) by Cressida Cowell - Title - Caroline - Finished: 20
Yellow 3: Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4) by Joanne Fluke - Character: Hannah Swensen - Megan - Finished: 4th
Yellow 4: It Devours! (Welcome to Night Vale, #2) by Joseph Fink - Author: Fink - Caroline - Finished: 28
Red 5: Magic of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #1) by C. Greenwood - Character: Ilan - Megan - Finished: 10
Yellow 8: The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren - Character: Ethan - Karen - Finished: 21

Wild Draw 4
1. Green 2 - Perelandra (Space Trilogy, #2) by C.S. Lewis - 2nd in a series - Jenna - Finished: 20
2. Blue 1 - The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1) by Ruth Cardello - 1st in a series - Megan - Finished: 15
3. Red 5 - Mambo in Chinatown by Jean Kwok - Character: Irene - Laura - Finished: 13
4. Yellow 8 - Settling Up by Eryn Scott - Author: Eryn - Megan - Finished: 18

For our new players this means that your book must have a cover that is >50% of the required color and works for the number.

We also have 4 Wild Draw 4 cards. This means that we have to do four of the above colored cards twice. Each card can only be doubled once.

As I said above, your reading plan is not set in stone. However, if you have a book that works for a colored card, please keep in mind that finishing that book should be a reading priority as these are often our hardest cards to fill. If you need to drop your colored card, that is fine, but please let the team know ASAP.

I will keep track of our color cards in this post.

message 26: by Caroline (last edited Feb 29, 2020 12:25PM) (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments February Tracking

TO READ 🌈
Knock Three Times by Cressida Cowell
3 (3rd in a series), 6 (character: Squeezjoos ), 8 (character: Encanzo), Skip (title)

The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
2 (title), 4 (character: Fyrian), Skip (author: Kelly), Reverse (Victoria)

The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year, Volume 2 by Jonathan Strahan
2 (title), 3 (character: Fuwaad), 4 (character: Hassan), 6 (editor: Strahan)

🍒 CURRENTLY READING 🍓

🦀 FINISHED 🦑
Good Behavior (Dortmunder, #6) by Donald E. Westlake
3 (character: Hendrickson), 4 (character: Frank), 6 (series #), 7, Skip (character: Virgil Pickens), 8 (character: Elaine), 9 (location: New York)
4th

The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2) by Robert Jordan
2 (title), 4 (character: Min Farshaw), 8 (character: Egwene), 9 (character: Nynaeve), Skip (character: Perrin)
13th

The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1) by Cressida Cowell
1 (first in a series), 2 (title), 6 (character: Squeezjoos), 8 (character: Encanzo)
16th

The Core (The Demon Cycle, #5) by Peter V. Brett
1 (character: Olive), 2 (title), 3 (character: Hayes), 5 (series #), 6 (character: Sikvah), 7 (character: Vincin), 8 (character: Emelia), Skip (Author: Peter)
16th

Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2) by Cressida Cowell
2 (2nd in a series), 6 (character: Squeezjoos), 8 (character: Encanzo)
GREEN
20th

Drowned Hopes (Dortmunder, #7) by Donald E. Westlake
2 (character: Tom), 6/8 (character: Edna Street), 7 (series #), 9 (location: NY), Skip (character: Kelp)
22nd

Servant of the Underworld (Obsidian and Blood, #1) by Aliette de Bodard
1 (series #), 2 (location: Tenochtitlan), 6 (title)
25th

It Devours! (Welcome to Night Vale, #2) by Joseph Fink
4 (Author: Fink)

Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
0 (stand alone), 2 (character: Casiopea Tun), 6 (author: Silvia)

message 27: by Jenna (last edited Feb 25, 2020 03:31PM) (new)

Jenna | 44 comments February Reading Plan

Perelandra (Space Trilogy, #2) by C.S. Lewis
2 (second in a series), Green, Skip (title)
FINISHED 2/20/2020

That Hideous Strength (Space Trilogy, #3) by C.S. Lewis
3 (third in a series)

Stardust by Neil Gaiman
0 (stand alone), 6 (title), 9 (Author)

The Redbreast (Harry Hole, #3) by Jo Nesbø
2 (title), 3 (third in a series), 9 (Nesbo)

A Rage in Harlem (Harlem Cycle, #1) by Chester Himes
1 (first in a series), 3 (author), 5 (character Imabelle), reverse FINISHED 2/2/2020

The Real Cool Killers (Harlem Cycle, #2) by Chester Himes
2 (second in series), 3 (Himes), 6 (character Sonny), 8 (character Ed), 9 (New York)
FINISHED 2/25/2020

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams
0 (character Zafod), 1 (first in series), 2 (character Trillion), 3 (title), 4 (character Ford), Reverse (Caroline) FINISHED 2/8/2020

Heart Failure A Case-Based Approach by Peter S. Rahko
0 (stand alone), 3 (Title), Skip (author)

The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
0 (stand alone), 8 (title), 2 (title), 6 (character Sarah), 3 (character Henry) FINISHED 2/22/2020

The American Plague The Untold Story of Yellow Fever, the Epidemic That Shaped Our History by Molly Caldwell Crosby
0 (stand alone), 4 (title), yellow (cover)

The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1) by Cressida Cowell
1 (first in series), 6 ( Squeezejooes), reverse (Caroline)
FINISHED 2/26/2020

message 28: by Megan (last edited Feb 29, 2020 11:57AM) (new)

Megan February Reading Plan
Finished
Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3) by Joanne Fluke 3 (# in series), 4 (A:Joanne Fluke) 6 (c:Hannah Swensen), 9 (Character Norman) Finished: 3rd Feb

Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4) by Joanne Fluke 3 (Character Hannah Swensen), 4 (A:Joanne Fluke), 6 (Character Hannah Swensen), 9 (Character Norman) Finished:4th Feb

Howl (Howl #1) by Jody Morse 1 (First in Series), 3 - Title, 6 (Character Samara) Finished:5th Feb

Tarian Silver Lion (New Tarian Pride, #2) by T.S. Joyce T 2 (2nd in series) 8 - (c:Emerald) Finished:6th Feb

Stone (The Lost Boys MC #2) by Savannah Rylan 2 (# in series), 3 (c:Harley) 6 (title) Finished: 10th Feb

Magic of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #1) by C. Greenwood 1 (First in series), 5 (Character Ilan) Finished: 10th Feb

Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5) by Joanne Fluke 3 (Character Hannah Swensen), 4 (Title), 5 (#5 in series) 6 (Character Hannah Swensen), 9 (Character Norman) Finished:11th Feb

Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #6) by Joanne Fluke 3 (Character Hannah Swensen), 4 (A:Joanne Fluke), 6 #6 in series, 9 (Character Norman) Finished:12th Feb

Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swensen, #7) by Joanne Fluke 3 (Character Hannah Swensen), 4 (A:Joanne Fluke), 6 (Character Hannah Swensen), 7 (#7 in series) 9 (Character Norman) Finished:13th Feb

The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1) by Ruth Cardello 1 (#1 in series), 2 (title), 3 (c:Heather Ellis), 6 (c:Sebastian), 8 (c:Heather Ellis) Reverse (Karen is reading this) Finished:15th Feb
Stomach - 4% - "Her Stomach"
Pure - 17% - "Pure Gold"
Plate - 28% "Inside, wrapped in clear plastic wrap, was a plate of chocolate chip cookies"
Glass & Cold 29% - "I poured myself a glass of cold water"
Touch 43% - "thermos that was warm to the touch."
Thickened 60% - "His voice thickened in his next words."
Dry 61% - "My mouth went dry"
Eggs 72% - "“Like hiding Easter eggs but more fun.”"
Moon 97% - Mauricio sent her over the moon"

The Return of Brody McBride (The McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ryan 1 (First in Series), 2 (Series The McBrides), 8 (Character Rain Evans) Finished:17th Feb
Cold pg 48 "The refrigerator wasn't quite cold enough"
Stomach P 154 "You shouldn't take them on an empty stomach"

Settling Up by Eryn Scott 0 (Standalone) 6 (Title), 8 (A: Eryn) Finished: 18th Feb
Starfish colour cover
Cold & Vanilla - 6% "thought she might have a cold, but then where was her familiar vanilla scented perfume?"
Plate - 10% - "I’ve got a lot on my plate right now"
Circle - 12% "I said, setting another chip in the betting circle."
Glass - 14% "he’s sipping port out of a tiny glass"
Pen - 24% "She picked up the pen that sat on the table"
Touch - 55% "didn’t want to touch her."
Electric - 70% "or electric blues"

At First Sight by Katherine York 0 - Standalone, 3- c:Sarah Hamilton, 6- c:Sarah Hamilton Skip - Author Finished:18th Feb
120 - Page number

Black Arts, Tarts & Gypsy Carts (Spells & Caramels, #2) by Erin Johnson 2 - #2 in series, 5- c:Imogen, 8 - a:Erin Johnson Finished:18th Feb
300 - page number

Dating the Doctor by Piper Sullivan 0 (standalone), 2 (c:Ty), 6 (author), skip (author) Finished:19th Feb
Shredded from the cover??
Glass 3% - "There was still scotch in my glass"
Sugar 7%- "Or of the sugar variety"
Cold 17% - "I stopped him with a cold glare
Touch 40%- "Ty used every opportunity to touch"
Dry 55% - "Made every mouth watching go dry."
Plate 55% - "Ty dutifully reached for a sample plate"

Destruction of Two (Origins of the Six #3) by A.K. Koonce 3- # in series, 5 - c:Izara, 6 - c:Saint, Skip a:A.K. Koonce Finished:19th Feb
Mini: 270 - page number

Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8) by Joanne Fluke 3 (Character Hannah Swensen), 4 (A:Joanne Fluke), 8 #8 in series, 9 (Character Norman) Finished:19th Feb
Mini: sugar pg 40 "She set out cream, sugar"
vanilla pg 60 "Is there any Vanilla in the pantry?"
electric pg 113 "This is easy with an electric mixer"
gloves pg 36 "Put on your gloves"
dry pg 113 "In the center comes out dry"
Glass and Plate pg 30 "The plate glass window"
Shredded pg 20 "Had a drawer full of shredded pantyhose"
touch pg 91 "Years they'd been out of touch"

No Rest for the Wicked (University of Morgana Academy of Enchantments and Witchcraft #3) by Emma Dean 3- # in series, 8- a:Emma Dean 9- Title Finished:19th Feb
Mini: Glass 7% - "through the tinted glass"
Touch 8% - "I can't touch them anyway"
Pen 16% - "Stab him with her pen"
Dry 28% -" "Bleed him dry if her control shattered"
Sugar 28% - "It had looked like a simple sugar cube"
Cold 36% - "Her Kiss on the cheek was cold"
Plate 62% - "taking the small plate of cookies"
Pure 63% - "witch of each bloodline – pure, human"

Second Term (Dragon Fire Academy #2) by Rachel Jonas 1 - c:Ori, 2 - # in series, 6 - Title, 9 -c:Noelle Skip - c:Kai Finished:20th Feb
Mini: Touch 2% - "Rayen had been the one to touch me"
Dry 6% - "Exactly cut and dry"
Pure 10% - "Intentions were that pure"
Electric 17% - "An electric fence"
Cold 32% - "Cold and distant"
Glass 33% - "The look he leveled my way could have cut glass"
Plate 39% - "I was the one with a full plate."
Pen 99% - "Rushing to grab an ink pen"

Wild Hunt (The Shadow Sorceress, #4) by Bilinda Sheehan 4 - #4 in series, 6 - a:Bilinda Sheehan, 7- c:Victoria, 9 c:Nic Finished:20th Feb
Mini: Published on the 24th June 2016.

Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4) by Jessica Peterson 4 - #4 in series, 6 - Title, 8 c:Eva Lacy Finished:21st Feb
Mini: Touch 7% - "designer touch is everywhere."
Cold 10% - "where I can throw cold water on my face."
Glass 13% - "rim of her cut crystal glass."
Plate 27% - "I push my clean plate away"
Dry 58% - "My mouth goes dry."
Pure 82% - "disappointing Bryce is pure agony."
Sugar 97% - "Pour Some Sugar"
Electric 99% - "blood electric, skin charged."

Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke 3 - c:Hannah Swensen, 4 - A:Joanne Fluke, 6 - c:Hannah Swensen, 9- # 9 in series, Skip: Title Finished:21st Feb
Mini: Works for cover the colour of kiwi fruit

Sinfully Scarred (Reckless Bastards MC, #2) by K.B. Winters 2 - #2 in series, 6 - Title Finished: 21st Feb
Mini: Sugar 2% - "Sure thing, sugar"
Glass 7% - "tapped my glass to his beer bottle."
Touch 12% - "I got goose bumps at his touch."
Cold 27% - "turning the water on cold"
Plate 28% - "it wasn’t the biggest problem on my plate."
Dry 49% - "“All right ladies, let’s dry those tears and fill our bellies.”"
Pen 54% - "since I got out the pen.”

Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3) by J.T. Geissinger 3 - #3 in series, 6 - Title, Skip - c:Kat Finished:21st Feb
Mini: Cold - 2% "I feel the cold"
Glass 4% - "Glass of Vodka in my hand."
Pure 9% - "Everything else about her is pure Chloe"
Touch 24% - "very softly, touch her cheek"
Plate 25% - "On a hot plate"
Dry 33% - "he’s as confident on his surfboard as he is on dry land."
Electric 76% - "The electric engine’s utter silence"
Pen 90% - "the size and shape of a pen,"

On the Line (Dublin Nights, #2) by Brittney Sahin 1 - Title, 2 - #2 in series, 6 - a:Brittney Sahin Finished:22nd Feb
Mini: Touch 10% - "He shifted back a touch"
Glass 25% - "Sean reached for his wine glass"
Plate 47% - "We’re running the plate number of the limo,”
Cold 53% - "a cold bristle of air"
Dry 81% - "His dry lips"

Bronx (The Lost Boys MC Book 3) by Savannah Rylan 3 - #3 in series, 4- c:Freya, 6 - a:Savannah Rylan Finished:22nd Feb
Mini: Touch 5% - "I wouldn’t touch the stuff."
Glass 9% - "shattered the glass of the frame."
Dry 18% - "Arizona’s heat was dry."
Cold 25%- "into the cold brick."
Plate 33% - "I left a few fries on the plate."
Sugar 42% - "brown sugar oatmeal"

Hope's Peak (Harper and Lane, #1) by Tony Healey 1 - #1 in series, 2 - a:Tony Healey, 3 - Title, 5- c:Ida, 6 c:Stu Finished:24th Feb
Mini: Works for Peaks
Shake the Earth (Her Elemental Dragons Book 3) by Elizabeth Briggs 3 - #3 in series, 6 - Title, 8 - a:Elizabeth Briggs, Skip - c:Kira Finished:26th Feb
Mini: Cold 5% - "where it was so cold few dared to tread."
Dry 7% - "then left them out to dry on a piece of wood."
Touch 14% - "He reached up to touch a piece of my red hair."

Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10) by Joanne Fluke 3- c:Hannah Swensen, 4 - a:Joanne Fluke, 6 - c:Hannah Swensen, 9 - c:Norman Finished: 28th Feb
works for airtight pg 42 "refrigerate it in an airtight container"

message 29: by Laura (last edited Feb 13, 2020 08:08PM) (new)

Laura February reading plan...subject to change

The Quality of Silence
O- stand alone
2- title
6-Silesian Stennent - character
Read: Feb 5

The Murmur of Bees
2- title
4 yellow- character Francisco /yellow cover
6- author Sofía Segovia

Sweep with Me
O-Orro - character
2- Tony-character
5- Ilona Andrews- author
6-Sean Evans- character
8- Sean Evans- character
Read: Feb 2

Bound by Hatred
3-#3 in series
7- Matteo Vitiello - character
reverse - read by Karen
read: Feb 3

Bitter Falls
2-Tom-character
3-Harmony-character
4 - #4 in series
6- Sam Cade - character
7-Vera (Vee) Crockett- character
skip- Kezia- character
read: Feb 4

Twisted Twenty-Six
2- title
6-Stephanie Plum-character
8-Janet Evanovich-author
skip- Stephanie Plum- character
Read: Feb 6

Touch of Power
1- #1 in series
2- title
3- series name -Healer #1
4- Flea-character
5- Inari- character
6-Maria V. Snyder -author
8- Estrid- character
9- Noelle- character
skip- Kerrick- character
read: Feb 6

Fatal Accusation by Marie Force
0- Terry O’Connor- character
2- Terry O’Connor- character
3- Harry Flynn- character
4- title
6- (Sam) Samantha
9- Nick
Read Feb 7

Scent of Magic
2- # 2 in series
3- series name
4- Flea- character
5- Izak- character
6- title
8- Estrid- character
9- Noelle- character
Skip- Kerrick- character
Read: Feb 9

The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily
2- #2 in series
6- Sophia- character
9- New York- location
Read: Feb 12

The Other People
0- stand alone
2-title
3- Harry- character
4-Fran- character
5- Izzy- character
Skip- Katie- character
Read : Feb 11

Mambo in Chinatown
Red cover
0- stand alone
2- Todd- character
3- Uncle Henry- character
5- Irene- character
6- Simone- character
7- Viktor - character
9- Nina- character
Skip-Jean Kwok - author
Read: Feb 13

message 30: by Karen ♐ (last edited Feb 28, 2020 09:53PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 92 comments February Reading Plan

* Love Under Two Texans (Lusty, Texas, #29) by Cara Covington
2 - Terry Jessop - MC
Read: 2/3
Rating: 4 stars

* The Highlander (Victorian Rebels, #3) by Kerrigan Byrne - Green
3 - 3 in series
6 - Philomena St. Vincent - MC
Skip - Author First Name - Kerrigan Byrne
Read: 2/3

* Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1) by Kaki Warner
1 - 1 in series
3 - Title
8 - Edwina - MC
Skip - Author - Kaki Warner
Read: 2/7
Rating: 4.5 stars

* Shattered (Hostage Rescue Team #11) by Kaylea Cross
2 - Taya - MC
6 - Title
9 - Nate - MC
Skip - Kaylea Cross - Author
Read: 2/9

* Cry No More by Linda Howard - Red
0 - Standalone
3 - Linda Howard - Author
8 - Milla Edge - MC
Read: 2/10

* Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2) by Sophie Oak
0 - Zane - MC
1 - Sophie Oak - Author
2 - Two in Title / 2 in series
3 - Zane Hollister - MC
6 - Sophie Oak - Author
9 - Nathan - MC
Read: 2/11

* Guarded (Hostage Rescue Team #12) by Kaylea Cross
Skip - Author's Name - Kaylea Cross
Read: 2/12

* Buttons & Hate (Buttons, #2) by Penelope Sky
2 - 2 in series
Skip - Author's first name - Penelope Sky
Read: 2/13
Rating: 5 stars

* The Queen of Carnage by Candice M. Wright
1 - 1 in series
3 - Halo - MC
Read: 2/15

Mini - cold - Loc 281 - So much for having a cold shower
dry - Loc 772 - I leave my hair to dry naturally
eggs - Loc 585 - scramble two dozen eggs
glass - Loc 423 - us through the large plate glass window gloves - Loc 79 - pulled wire cutters and old gloves orange - Loc 318 - once but it turned out orange

* Sweeter Than Hate (Darker Than Love, #0.5) by Anna Zaires
0 - Author - Anna Zaires
5 - Ilya - MC
6 - Title
Skip - 2 authors for this book - Charmaine Pauls
Read: 2/17

Mini - Cold - Loc 55 - she suddenly feels cold
Diagonally - Loc 1179 - with shards of light falling diagonally
Dry - Loc 752 - and my mouth goes painfully dry
Electric - Loc 643 - like the zap of an electric shock
Glass - Loc 855 - she deserves a glass coffin
Plate - Loc 1366 - the food on the plate is gone
Pure - Loc 880 - until they're a pure platinum blonde
Touch - Loc 371 - My hands ache to touch them

* The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts
1 - 1 in series
9 - Author - Nora Roberts
Read: 2/19

Mini - Cold-P. 288 - she got herself a cold drink
Diagonally-P. 62 - but crossed diagonally
Electric-P. 56 - the holes cut out for electric
Glass-P. 40 - Glass broke, mortar cracked and crumbled
Gloves-P. 1282 - to pulling on work gloves
Plate - P. 538 - chose another plate
Pure-P. 56 - Pure delight scattered thoughts of sleep
Shredded - P. 149 - Avery covered the sauce with shredded mozzarella
Touch-P. 155 - Then they'd lost touch

* Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
0 - Stand-Alone
1 - Title
7 - Vivian - MC
Skip - Author - Christina Baker Kline
Read: 2/19
Rating: 3 stars

Mini - Cold - Loc 404 - with a faucet that ran cold water
Dry - Loc 168 - with its dry glue
Electric - Loc 1825 - Electric lights shine overhead
Glass - Loc 686 - through that glass ceiling
Gloves - Loc 1260 - Brown wool gloves
Peaks - Loc 2035 - like mountain peaks in the sky
Plate - Loc 769 - Molly, hand me your plate
Pure - Loc 581 - Young, happy, pure
Sugar - Loc 507 - when I dropped sugar into my tea
Touch - Loc 445 - might try to get in touch
Vanilla - Loc 1834 - She smells of lemons and vanilla

* The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren - Yellow
0 - Standalone
1 - Olive - MC
3 - Hawaii - Location
8 - Ethan - MC
Read: 2/21
I think this book was read by another team member - Laura

* Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1) by Anna Zaires
0 - Author - Anna Zaires
5 - Ilya - MC
6 - Title
Skip - 2 authors for this book - Charmaine Pauls
Read: 2/21

* Thankless in Death (In Death, #37) by J.D. Robb
2 - Title
8 - Eve - MC
Skip - Delia Peabody - MC
Read: 2/24

* Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7) by Sherryl Woods
3 - Raylene Hammond - MC
6 - Author - Sherryl Woods
7 - 7 in Series
Read: 2/25
Rating: 3.5 stars

* The Commitment (Unrestrained, #2) by S.E. Lund
6 - Author - S. E. Lund
Skip - Kate - MC
Read: 2/26

* A Sunny Heart (The Great Outdoors) by Shayne McClendon
6 - Title
Read: 2/27
Rating: 3.5 stars

message 31: by Ana (last edited Jan 26, 2020 03:35PM) (new)

Ana | 117 comments Hello!

Here's the link to my UNO shelf:
click click uno challenge 2020

I didn't understand all of the strategy for the game :( I don't know what books I'll pick for February yet but if I have one, I have to make a post about it and which cards it can work for?

And what about the wild draw 4? It can only doubled colored card now? I thought it could double whatever card we wanted.
I'm quite lost so sorry :( I'll have to rerereread the rules, I think I was half sleeping the last time I tried xD

message 32: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

UNO Pixie | 1216 comments Please welcome new team member Anna

replacing Kathy

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura Karen, I read the Unhoneymooners so it will work for a reverse

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura Ana wrote: "Hello!

Here's the link to my UNO shelf:
click click uno challenge 2020

I didn't understand all of the strategy for the game :( I don't know what books I'll pick for February yet but if I have on..."

This is definitely a different and strange way to keep track Ana. Most captains use a tracking spreadsheet or none at all and fill in as you go. Caroline wants us to keep a tracking post... so don’t feel you need to add books now but make a tracking post and then go back and edit it as you finish a book. Lots of people don’t plan their books out ahead of time... I’m one of those people. I will be adding my remaining books as I finish them- I’m too much of a moody reader to plan a month of reading.

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura UNO Pixie wrote: "Please welcome new team member Anna

replacing Kathy"

Hi Anna!

message 36: by Caroline (last edited Jan 26, 2020 04:30PM) (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments Laura is correct, in that you make one post and edit as you go along during the month. You can add and remove books as you like. I dont expect anyone to know 100% exactly what they are going to read over the next month.

Its just so all the books are in one place at the end of the month, which will make it easier for Megan and I to fill in the spreadsheet as we go.

The Wild Draw 4 rule was changed to color cards a few years ago.

message 37: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 92 comments Laura wrote: "Karen, I read the Unhoneymooners so it will work for a reverse"

Great

message 38: by AnnaM (last edited Feb 16, 2020 09:21AM) (new)

AnnaM | 10 comments Hi:)
I am happy i`ve managed to join the team. Still, I don`t quite understand rules about choosing books to read. I mean , I understand colours rules , but I am not quite sure about characters , numbers etc. I am leaving my post and I am going to catch up with my reading list as soon as possible . :)

My Uno2020 shelf
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Droga w ciemnościach

2 - character Tengel
6 - author Margit Sandemo
7 - character Vetle Volden
Finished on 16.02.2020

"Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes
1- first part of series
2- Will Treynor
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

"The Secret in Their Eyes" by Eduardo Sachierri is for 8
"The Adults" by Caroline Hulse id for Red
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
"NOS4A2" by Joe Hill is for 4, 2 and 7- Victoria McQueen

And "The Witchers " by Peter Curtis for Skip

message 39: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 44 comments Hi Anna and Ana!

This is my first time playing UNO and I wasn’t sure about the rules for books either. I ended up just listing 4-5 books that I think I want to read next month. If you need help, just list your books and let Caroline and Megan help you out with the cards they stand for. I’m pretty sure I’ve missed something, but I know they’ll catch it!

The best part is that all you really have to do is list books you *think* you want to read and start reading! Our captains will tell us what they need to fill the spreadsheet :D

message 40: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM | 10 comments Jenna wrote: "Hi Anna and Ana!

This is my first time playing UNO and I wasn’t sure about the rules for books either. I ended up just listing 4-5 books that I think I want to read next month. If you need help, j..."

Hi Jenna:) Thanks for advice . It seems quiute reasonable :)

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura Jenna wrote: "Hi Anna and Ana!

This is my first time playing UNO and I wasn’t sure about the rules for books either. I ended up just listing 4-5 books that I think I want to read next month. If you need help, j..."

Here are some tips for the participants that haven't played before: When reading your books for Uno have a pen and paper handy ( or your phone) to make a list of the characters that reoccur in your books. Look for the following letters: Z O T H F I S V E N K P. You already know 1-9 are the numbers of series that we are looking for. It helps!

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan Little confused with what you're confused about (sorry) if you go to message 6 that Caroline posted and click the view spoiler that is the list of what the cards go for.

So to break one down say you had one of my books Magic of Thieves it works for card 1 because its first in the series, it also works for card 5 because I can see the main character is called Ilan which works for the part where it says "- has a character with a first name, surname or nickname starting with I" Does that make a bit more sense?

As for listing books, as Caroline has said you're not held to the books you put there you can edit the comment and delete a book you decide to not read and add more. Its just to give us an idea of what books especially for the trickier cards like the coloured cards.

message 43: by Laura (new)

Laura AnnaM wrote: "Hi:)
I am happy i`ve managed to join the team. Still, I don`t quite understand rules about choosing books to read. I mean , I understand colours rules , but I am not quite sure about characters , n..."

Yes, though only if someone else has read it. I haven't. You could compare books with the other teammates and see if maybe someone else has read it.

message 44: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM | 10 comments Thank you , I think I got it:)

message 45: by Megan (new)

Megan Any other questions Anna just shout :) its confusing for the first time.

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura Anna- I 've read Me Before You so that works as a reverse for another option for that card :-)

Hope you enjoy it. I did!

message 47: by Ana (last edited Apr 03, 2020 06:37AM) (new)

Ana | 117 comments FEBRUARY TRACKING

BOOKS READ

description
Cards
• One - first in a series (#1 Under the Never Sky)
• Two - character's name: Talon
• Seven - author's name: Veronica
• Eight - character's name: Echo
• Skip - character's name: Perry
• Color: blue

description
Cards
• One - first in a series (#1 Eve)
• Eight - title: Eve
• Skip - character's name: Pip

description
Cards
• One - first in a series (#1 Lies Beneath)
• Two - character's name: Tallulah
• Three - character's last name: L. Hancock
• Six - character's name: Sophie
• Skip - character's name: Pavati

description
Cards
• One - first in a series (#1 The Hybrid Chronicles)
• Two - character's last name: A. Tamsyn
• Three - character's name: Holly
• Eight - character's name: Eva
• Nine - character's name: Nina
• Skip - author’s name: Kat

message 48: by Ana (new)

Ana | 117 comments Hello Anna with two « n » & welcome on the team!

And thank you all for your response, I think I got it

message 49: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments If anyone has any children/middle grade books they want to read for UNO this is a reminder that those books need to be over 25,000 words. You can check if your book works here. Or, the captains have been putting together a list of books that have already been verified, which can be found here. If you want to add books to this list just add them here and Megan or I will get them added :)

message 50: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (paper_moonshine) | 822 comments I've updated the color cards based on what people have in their TBR posts. We know have all of the color cards covered and 2 of our 4 Wild Draw 4 cards.

If you are looking for inspiration for color covers, Megan has linked to each color cover UNO shelf here

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9