The Challenge Factory discussion

Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of the Blood
2020 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi & ~Melissa~ - Daughter of the Blood

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jan 21, 2020 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16144 comments Mod
Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1) by Anne Bishop Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop
Blurb:
The Dark Kingdom is preparing itself for the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy--the arrival of a new Queen, a Witch who will wield more power than even the High Lord of Hell himself. But this new ruler is young, and very susceptible to influence and corruption; whoever controls her controls the Darkness. And now, three sworn enemies begin a ruthless game of politics and intrigue, magic and betrayal, and the destiny of an entire world is at stake.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Yeah!! I PM'd you

Hope you like it - parts are kind of hard to listen to

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I started the re-listen yesterday on my way home from work. Get ready for learning lots of different people in this world. :0)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments So I'm doing the audio and it has 204 chapters...and it's divided into parts and chapters. So by chapters I'm at #27. Jaenelle has met Daemon, Lucivar and Saetan ( the High Lord of Hell) as well as Cassandra. she has come. She is Witch

I'm enjoying the world building more this time around - I think because I have a tiny teeny grasp of all/most of the players this time around making it a little easier to sink into the story. I really enjoy the way Miss Bishop weaves a tale.

The first 15% is a LOT of world building, learning places and players. Be prepared. You may have to rewind at times and replay a scene or two.

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I’m also doing the audio. So it’s a bit rapey huh?

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I’m also doing the audio. So it’s a bit rapey huh?"

Yep ~ how far have you gotten?

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

So I thought it would be spelled Lucifer. I’m glad it’s not

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "So I thought it would be spelled Lucifer. I’m glad it’s not"

🤣 I had to go and look at the book page on here to be able to spell the names correctly........

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I made it through chapter 121 on my way home. Man, it’s hard
relistening knowing what’s coming. Jaenelle is “finally” home and Daemon has met her. Daemon just watched her ride Dancer for the first time but then Phillip and Leland (which I’ve always thought of as a man’s name - not a simpering women’s name) happened upon the in the field. Everyone in that family is crazy except for Wilhemina and Jaenelle.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I've made it to the part of the book that was hard the first time to read. Chapter 191 of 204 (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I finished this on my drive home last night. I enjoyed this just as much the second time around. Ms Bishop has a way of weaving a fascinating tale. That ending!! So much happening......
Keep me posted how you're liking it :)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments So, what did you think? Will you continue the series?

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "So, what did you think? Will you continue the series?"

I don't I will. I didn't like the story enough to keep going. I am not enjoying heavy fantasy of late. I struck out on some really popular books The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard .

I am not sure why :(

Anyway I apologize for being absentee. My youngest Caleb had pneumonia and he had to be on my constantly. My reading for the past month has been pretty low but hes getting better. He should be back at school in a couple of days.

How are you kiddos? Is son doing well at school? How is your daughter doing since she is by herself at home?

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "So, what did you think? Will you continue the series?"

I don't I will. I didn't like the story enough to keep going. I am not enjoying heavy fantasy of late. I struck out on some..."

Bummer but that’s ok. This series has a lot of players and a lot going on.
I’m sorry your son has been sick ....definitely the season for respiratory stuff going around. And when the kiddos are sick it’s difficult to find time for yourself. Hopefully this next month will be better for you when he is ready to get back to school. Hoping he doesn’t have too much work to make up!
Our son came home and is doing a year at the community college. He is liking the slower pace and the smaller school. He felt too far away and with no friends there was difficult for him. Our daughter is happy he’s home and defintely has senioritis.... she just wants high school to be done, lol.