The WITTY Book Club 📚 discussion

BUDDY READS > The One by John Marrs

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Prettywitty77 | 381 comments Mod
Buddy: Aaliyah

This book has 103 chapters! (Gosh lol) Would you like to recap every 20 chapters or a larger amount? Spoilers or not spoilers?

I’m available to start asap...

message 2: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments Yes we can recap every 20 chapter and definitely spoilers

message 3: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments Yea we can start reading now 😊

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica (icaspe) | 20 comments I can too...I’d it’s not too late.

message 5: by Prettywitty77 (new)

It’s not too late! Y’all ready? I’m about to start now!

message 6: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments I started reading lol 😂

message 7: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Finished the 1st 20 chapters. READY TO DISCUSS

message 8: by Prettywitty77 (new)

I have an idea! It order to keep things flowing smoothly, just post the chapter cluster (ex: chapters 21-30) before each post in this thread.

Ex:
(Chapter 1-20)

Chris is truly sick in the head! And it matched with a police officer! That’s wild!

*End example*

This way you get a spoiler alert before reading each other’s comments and we don’t have to wait on our reading buddies to be at the same mark in the book as you.
(Because honestly, I hate spoilers lol)

message 9: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments (Chapter 1-20)
I didn’t realize that Chris was a killer until after but he is crazyyy lol

message 10: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Chapter 1-20

Chris is literally tracking women by their phones, how you did know! Lol

And who shows up to a funeral of a person they never met????? Weirdoooo

This test is playing their ass left and right! They look stupid... especially Jade!

message 11: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Chapter 1-20

It’s almost like Sally WANTS her fiancé Nick to be gay. It’s so strange!🥴

message 12: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments Chapter 1-20

Yeah they all look stupid lol but it’s getting interesting 😂😂

message 13: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Chapter 31-40

Chris is insane bruh! Preying on those women. He did the last one dirty, kicked her teeth in and everything. I was rooting for her when she bit him because “dna” but he pour bleach down her throat!

& Nick says he’s not gay but you are secretly hanging out with your MALE match?! I cringe during his story line so much.

Jade & Mandy are desperate bruh. One hanging out with her lying, DYING match and one is hanging with a dead man’s family that she doesn’t know! 🥴

Essie....her storyline just got more interesting. She’s so secretive!

When I first started this book, I said to myself “I probably would do this” but nowwwww... I’m like hell no! 😩 it’s weirdo world!

message 14: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Chapter 41-50

Chris better not kill Amy bruh. That would be insane. Like... A COP!

Nick is gay IDC IDC!

And Jade.... masturbating to a dying man pic.EWWW

Mandy is a lost cause at this point. That family is clearly using her to have a piece of their son back.

And Essie... oh Essie... she’s hard to read!

message 15: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments Chapter 41-50

Nick is definitely gay it’s crazyyyy and he is basically cheating

Mandy is definitely crazy for having Richard’s baby

Ellie is very secretive and also she discover the match website which was 😳.....

Christopher is CRAZYYY and he wants kill Amy and he falling in love with her..... IDK 😐

message 16: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Chapter 81-90

I knewwwwwww it! Mandy was being used! And now they don ran off on the plug... I mean with the baby! 🤣

Essie’s life! Matthew (Tim) just turned upside down! For the record, I’m with her on the fact that how ppl react to/with their match doesn’t have shit to do with her! They are the one’s acting all mad (I had to use it in British context lol) and desperate!

And I know HOW Chris thought he was going to get away with THIRTY murders!

message 17: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Chapter 95

OHHHHH MYYYY GOODNESS!!!!! That did not just happen!!!! 😱

message 18: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 65 comments I just finished this book a week later and now wished I read it with you guys. Wow, that book was fun.

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 65 comments (the ending)
Nick, got played. His fiance was trash.
Christopher got what he deserved but it makes me look at Amy. She's a bit off too.
Ellie, is cold blooded.
Jade, had the best outcome.
Mandy, Idk about her but glad she got her baby safe and sound.

message 20: by Prettywitty77 (new)

I’m glad you finished the ending off. I have a question for y’all!

Since “Tim” screwed up the system, which match do you think was a true dna match and which do you think was false?

message 21: by Prettywitty77 (new)

I truly believe Chris & Amy match was real. They both were crazy in the end!
Ellie’s match was false. (of course)
Nick’s match? Hmmm... I’d say false. It was so uncomfortable watching their interactions. 😩
Mandy’s match was fake! Idc idc! She was one french fry short of a happy meal! So DESPERATE!
Jade... hmm it’s hard to say... I wanna say it was real but she was just desperate for love too!

message 22: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 65 comments Really? I thought that Nick's was a real match only because his senses changed. He could sense Alex before he could actually even see him. I think that's what biology.

Also I think Mandy's relationship was real only because after the day she brought the baby to the hospital and met the guy he was able to actually move his hand. They mentioned that if the "one DNA" and their offspring could produce that change in someone. It didn't work with the grandmother because it turns out she's not even his really mom.

Possibly Jade too only because again the way she kept sensing the brother.

Everyone else I don't think we're real matches. Christopher never talked about feeling anything about Amy. I think he found someone who made him feel normal.

Ellie's was fake.

I'm still mad about Nick's girlfriend. She did the ultimate okie doke and had the nerve to die. smh

message 23: by Prettywitty77 (new)

But when Mandy’s match hand moved it was said to be literally his natural reflexes. (I’ve witnessed this in real life)

Jade was sensing the brother because he was more attractive than the brother. Lol idk

Chris parents loved him. He was treated well growing up, he just lacked empathy. Amy totally changed his mindset. He CRIED at the crime scene, for heaven’s sake. That’s way more than just feeling “loved” all of a sudden. Amy liked him a lot too but she sensed he was holding back... because she was a crazy murderer too. His murder was premeditated. She allowed herself feel that “dna match” magic before she killed him.... he was revealing all his secrets. lol but she was going to kill him regardless. They both were narcissistic. He was killing women for selfish reasons and she killed him for selfish reasons.

Idk, I just don’t want to believe that Nick’s true DNA match was a man. It was so strange bruh. And his ex-fiancé literally pushed him into another man’s arms! Then got pregnant and it wasn’t even Nock’s! Bruh
Gh

message 24: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 65 comments You made good point about Chris he did have a shift. Amy is crazy. I wonder what would have happend she wasn't a cop.

message 25: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments I don’t know cause I feel like all the their dna match were false

message 26: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 65 comments Interesting. Do you think love is not biological ?

message 27: by Prettywitty77 (new)

Elaborate, Aaliyah... all of them were false?? Lol

message 28: by Aaliyah (new)

Aaliyah | 62 comments Some of them like with Ellie storyline with the guy hacking into the system and pairing people who weren’t capable