What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Detective/murder mystery series with married male detective and young female partner with dark past set in small town

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella Stafford | 1 comments Okay I am just GUESSING I read this book between 2008 and 2013. That is not a definite date range and it's possible when I did read the book that it was not a new book. I would guess the publication was in the 2000's. The setting didn't feel very 90's to me. But I was a young teenager when I read it so I cant be sure.

What I remember about the plot is there is a male detective lead character with a young female partner. I remember there is mystery about her past which is dark. The murders happen in a small town and it seems like I remember that somehow the murders are revealing her past in someway. She starts to be in question. I know the main male detective is married. There was no romantic relationship between the detective and the partner. She is more like a daughter to him. And I think he actually has or had a daughter that something happened to her or to the relationship so he is always trying to help the young detective and kind of taking up for her because she is kind of reckless. At one point the young female detective is in the hospital and they don't want her to leave because they are questioning her ties to the crimes. And she sneaks out and leaves the hospital anyways. I remember there is a murder on a highschool football field where someone gets set on fire. I also remember who the bad guy is and there is a surprise ending but I don't want to give away spoilers. I think the name of the series is the name of the male lead detective. It's more like a collection of novels about that character than a series because each book can also be stand alone

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 267 comments You need to put plot details in the subject of the post.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
We'll give you 24 hours to add plot details to your header, Gabriella. Otherwise we'll close the thread.