The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hi from California!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new)

Ali (omgmangojuice) | 8 comments Ali here! I’m more into thrillers (legal and psychological) and true crime than mystery, but who the heck cares? (Okay, SOMEONE probably cares that I’ve never read a certain author with the initials A.C...but I’m not dead yet, there’s still time!) I’m also a prolific diarist of twenty years, which is a romantic way of saying I have a big box containing a lot of rambling and whining. Someday they’ll form the foundation for a memoir...

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1530 comments Welcome Ali.

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill Welcome to the group, Ali. Maybe we can cajole you into trying A.C.... ;0)

message 4: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2465 comments I dont see a problem. I’ve read a lot of AC and ACD, but there’s a lot of big ones I haven’t read. I’ve still never read DLS, for one.

message 5: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 286 comments I haven’t read any DLS either Bruce. Hoping to rectify that this year (decade?) 😜

message 6: by Ali (new)

Ali (omgmangojuice) | 8 comments Thanks, Thomas and Bill! No cajoling necessary here, as I’ve picked a title to add to my queue this year! I challenge you each this year to find something by one of your own “I-should’ve-read-you-years-ago-oops” authors. ;)

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill Ali wrote: "Thanks, Thomas and Bill! No cajoling necessary here, as I’ve picked a title to add to my queue this year! I challenge you each this year to find something by one of your own “I-should’ve-read-you-y..."

I do that a lot, Ali.. :0)

message 8: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8964 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Ali, from a native-born but transplanted Californian.

message 9: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1530 comments DLS?

message 10: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8964 comments Mod
Dorothy L. Sayers

message 11: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1530 comments Nancy wrote: "Dorothy L. Sayers"

Thank You. I have never read any of her books, but did watch the tv series.

message 12: by Ali (new)

Ali (omgmangojuice) | 8 comments My excellent local library system has conveniently delivered Miss Marple’s first mystery from a library several cities away! Huzzah! But first I need to finish the massive pile of true crime books that are due soon...

message 13: by Bill (new)

Bill Ali wrote: "My excellent local library system has conveniently delivered Miss Marple’s first mystery from a library several cities away! Huzzah! But first I need to finish the massive pile of true crime books ..."

Get going then!.. ;0)

message 14: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 286 comments 🤣 🤣 🤣