Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Pick a book for me

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 5 comments I want to read more YA fiction but there is so much of out there. Just finished arc of a scythe trilogy by neal shusterman which I loved. I particularly like dystopian / fantasy / supernatural. Bonus points if the series is complete.

Thanks

message 2: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Joanne wrote: "I want to read more YA fiction but there is so much of out there. Just finished arc of a scythe trilogy by neal shusterman which I loved. I particularly like dystopian / fantasy / supernatural. Bon..."

I haven't read that series by Shusterman yet, but his Unwind series was really interesting to me. However, for my recommendation I want to mention the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series! It's complete. Everything I've read by that author, Laini Taylor, has been amazing. I recently read the two Strange the Dreamer books by her, too. They're a bit more fantasy/paranormal than dystopian, though.

For straight dystopian, I recommend the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. Or Ready Player One was an excellent standalone that melded dystopian/science fiction with fantasy of the real world. Ooh, check out Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles if you haven't already. Very interesting blend of fantasy fairy tale with dystopian/sci-fi.

Hope that helps!

Long Live Wonderland i would say supernova by marissa Meyer. I think it's great!

message 4: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Long Live Wonderland wrote: "i would say supernova by marissa Meyer. I think it's great!"

Wasn't that the 3rd book of the Renegades series? I didn't like that series as much as I was hoping to, but it was still a decent read.