What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy book - orphan teen girl becomes first female member of monster hunter group

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine A | 2 comments Contemporary fantasy book where a teen girl discovers she has some kind of magic power that makes her a member of some sort of monster hunting group (I don't recall what creatures/beings they were hunting). She is the first female member of the group ever and faces some discrimination from other members because of it. She ends up apprenticed to one member who also takes her in because she has no home/family. Her teacher has a wife and toddler daughter. They travel to another world where the hunter members gather via portals that each member has to discover on their own. The girl discovers hers in the couch in her teacher's house. The teacher's portal is in an old tree in his garden.

I think I read this around 2016 on Kindle Unlimited, but I let my subscription expire and can't find it anymore

Thanks!

message 2: by Bailal1 (new)

Bailal1 | 6 comments Is it the mortal instruments? I haven't read the book myself but heard it's about Shadowhunters and I believe there are portals involved...

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine A | 2 comments Bailal1 wrote: "Is it the mortal instruments? I haven't read the book myself but heard it's about Shadowhunters and I believe there are portals involved..."

No, I know I haven't read The Mortal Instruments, though I've been meaning to.