Play Book Tag discussion

January 2020: Thriller > Death Angel by Linda Fairstein

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by anarresa (new)

anarresa | 251 comments Death Angel
By Linda Fairstein
2 stars

This is listed as the 15th Alexandra Cooper novel. It’s tough to carry a series that long and this installment doesn’t inspire me to read more. For the genre it’s probably average. Since I have a New York City trip planned for the spring I appreciated the facts and history about Central Park, it was why I picked this particular book up, but the delivery was awkward. Two of the characters seem to be trivia buffs, so it’s not too strange, but it’s definitely exhausting. After 15 books the character histories were also exhausting. It’s nice to be able to jump right into a series, but since I do that a lot I know the level of detail about every situation is not necessary.

Assistant DA Alexandra Cooper works closely with the police investigating sex crimes (and theoretically prosecuting, no lawyering took place in this novel.) When the body of a girl is found in Central Park under an angel statue Cooper along with Detectives Mike Chapman and Mercer Wallace search for the killer. Along the way smaller crimes and personal problems hinder, or help, the investigation.

message 2: by Charlie (new)

Charlie  Ravioli (charlie_ravioli) | 393 comments I read one of Fairstein's books a long time ago and I remember enjoying the various sites/scenes of the city more than anything else. She and her friends frequented a restaurant that I had been to before reading the book, so that was kind of cool. Other than that, the book didn't do a lot more for me and was my first and last of her series I ever read. So many books, so little time...

message 3: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4979 comments Wow, she's up to 15 now? I read a few of her books early on, but I lost track when I moved onto other genres.