What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book where a group of children are transported to a fantasy world (but not Narnia).

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments This is not Narnia (or the Chronicles there of).

It was a book that I remember reading in the early 2000's - possibly published in the 80's (I remember it being quite old) - where a group of children are transported to a magical land and the portal that got them there was a bush in a park (iirc).

The only other thing that I remember from the plot (and I'm afraid it's a slightly minor detail) is that the main characters do come across someone else from Earth, who is a cartographer, and this cartographer asks them if they have any pencils as he'd worn his down to a stub.

The cover was a creamy colour and on the front had a picture of the fantasy world with unicorn on it (not a big one, just in the background of the picture). I remember this, because this is what drew me to pick up the novel. The title may have also have had a word beginning with C in it somewhere.

I know that this is a tall order and not a lot of information to go on - but this is the best place to ask! Many thanks in advance for any help received. :)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments Thank you very much for the suggestions - I've had a look at both books and I don't think they're what I'm looking for.

If I remember correctly, the cover of the book had a very 80's/90's feel to it.

message 4: by Nora (new)

Nora | 112 comments Maybe The Secret Country? I linked to the 80s cover...

message 5: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 875 comments The Llandor Trilogy (https://www.goodreads.com/series/7605...) by Louise Lawrence?