2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Laura's humble 12 books for 2020

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 13 comments I wanted to do 19 books last year and barely read two. I used to be an avid reader but not so much lately. This year i'm aiming lower and working harder. Going to finish all abandoned books on my shelf so I can then give them away. I say 12, but ideally i'd read around 24 or more by reading short stories and listening to audiobooks.

message 2: by Laura (last edited Feb 07, 2020 02:37PM) (new)

message 3: by Laura (last edited Mar 22, 2020 05:51PM) (new)

Laura | 13 comments February: Completed
Goal: 1

Read:
1. Five Feet Apart
2. With the Fire on High

Reading :

3. One of Us Is Lying

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Good luck with your reading challenge this year, Laura!
I have a question though: why do you want to read books you've dnf'ed? I mean, there's a reason you abandoned them in the first place, right? Whether that reason is that they weren't what you were expecting, you weren't in the mood, they didn't hold your interest or that you just plain out disliked them?

I'm just curious :) I know if I DNF a book, for whatever reason, (other than that I'm not in the mood at that particular moment), I wouldn't put myself through trying to read them again before getting rid of them, you know what I mean?

Anyways, like I said, good luck and I hope you find some great books in 2020 :)

message 5: by Shawny (new)

Shawny O'Leary  | 17 comments Laura wrote: "February

Want to read:

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland
3. More Happy than Not
4. Frankenstein"

I've read Alice's Adventure in Wonderland. It was...certainly interesting. I read it in my late teens when I was going through a huge classics reading phase. In all honesty, its a hard one to keep track of in your mind whilst reading. But I hope it catches your fancy, the illustrations are always amazing to look at.

On this list I've always been curious to read The Picture of Dorian Gray and have not got around to it myself!

Goodluck on your goals this year!

message 6: by BookWyrm (new)

BookWyrm | 19 comments Lisa wrote: "Good luck with your reading challenge this year, Laura!
I have a question though: why do you want to read books you've dnf'ed? I mean, there's a reason you abandoned them in the first place, right..."

Can't answer for Laura, but I hate to leave a book unfinished, and I also often think "Well, perhaps it will get better ...." I will do my utmost to finish it if at all possible. I have to admit there have been a couple that I have just given up on, tho!

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 13 comments Lisa wrote: "Good luck with your reading challenge this year, Laura!
I have a question though: why do you want to read books you've dnf'ed? I mean, there's a reason you abandoned them in the first place, right..."

I have this nasty habit of leaving things unfinished (not just books) even if i'm enjoying it. I'm trying to remedy it, and I believe reading is a good place to start :)

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 13 comments Shawny wrote: "Laura wrote: "February

Want to read:

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland
3. More Happy than Not
4. Frankenstein"

I've read Alice's Adventure in Wonderland. It was...."

Funny you should say that, i'm just now starting my late teens and what I want to focus on reading this year is the classics <3

message 9: by Laura (last edited Mar 25, 2020 02:06PM) (new)

message 10: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 3986 comments Best of luck with your reading challenge, Laura!

message 11: by Laura (last edited Apr 18, 2020 05:34PM) (new)

Laura | 13 comments April
Goal: 1 Completed

Read:

1. My Dark Vanessa
2. The New David Espinoza
3. In Five Years
4. I'll Give You the Sun

Currently Reading:

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura | 13 comments I grossly underestimated how much I would read this year. I really thought i'd struggle to get to 12, but only four months in I reached that. I'm turning this into 40 books.

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12013 comments I am all about magic this year. I hope that your reading goal is your little touch of magic.
description