What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Hero aggressively pursues heroine who gives him a really long chase

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments Hey guys, I'm looking for romance books where the h makes the H chase her for majority of the book not necessarily because she's being coy but she either just doesn't like him/ conflicted or likes him but is hiding her feelings because she feels his feelings are purely sexual/ inauthentic.

I really like books where the H aggressively pursues the heroine (i'm fine with non-pc, semi-red flaggish behaviour). I like the h to give the H a real run for his money and makes him reallllly work for it and does not succumb to his affections easily i.e. the chase is for atleast half the book- not just the first few chapters.

Examples of books I like with this trope:
Lemonade (h was scared and genuinely hated the H for majority of the book and the H raped her and forced her to marry him after he though she was betrothed to someone else)
To Love An Earl (h was attracted to him but kept running away from the H, H aggressively pursued her even after being rejected by her multiple times).
Flowers from the Storm (h was attracted as well but was conflicted in her feelings and rejected the H for majority of the book)
Dark Remembrance (h pretty much still grieving over her dead husband and rejects the H many times and near the end of the novel the H makes a big love confession by telling the h she can pretty much do anything to him and he would never leave her willingly).

Thank you in advance! <3

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 3: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Gone with the Wind"

Hmm, I might give it a go, I've watched the movie but have never read the book, thanks for the suggestion :)

message 4: by Ann (last edited Jan 22, 2020 12:24PM) (new)

Ann | 535 comments Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught
Thunder & Roses by Mary Jo Putney
Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas

message 5: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 311 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Gone with the Wind"

That's the first title I thought too!

message 6: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments Ann wrote: "Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught
Thunder and Roses by Mary Jo Putney
Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas"

I've read Whitney My Love and thought it was great until the near end where she became such a doormat, Where Dreams Begin was pretty good though. I haven't read Thunder and Roses so I think I'm going to give that one a shot! Thank you! :)

message 7: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 170 comments The Chase by Lynsay Sands. Historical. He is her betrothed who has been dragging his feet. When he finally does show up, she takes off and he has to chase her down across the countryside.

message 8: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments ImaBookaddict wrote: "The Chase by Lynsay Sands. Historical. He is her betrothed who has been dragging his feet. When he finally does show up, she takes off and he has to chase her down across the countryside."

Sounds interesting! I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the rec :)

message 9: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 71 comments Pathfinder’s Way - T.A White
Beast Behaving Badly - Shelly Laurenston
The Chocolate Kiss - Laura Florand
North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell
When He Was Bad - Shelly Laurenston
Receiver of Many - Rachel Alexander

message 10: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments Mikaela wrote: "Pathfinder’s Way - T.A White
Beast Behaving Badly - Shelly Laurenston
The Chocolate Kiss - Laura Florand
North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell
When He Was Bad - Shelly Laurenston
Receiver of Many - R..."

Thanks for the reccs! :)) I 've heard about North and South but was hesistant about starting it, but i might give it a shot now!

message 11: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 71 comments Qriswu wrote: "Thanks for the reccs! :)) I 've heard about North and South but was hesistant about starting it, but i might give it a shot now!"

If you are having trouble getting into it, try watching the BBC miniseries which is excellently done. I found the book much easier to read after I had Richard Armitage as Mr Thornton in my head haha.

Two more books might be:

The Next Best Thing where the heroine is mostly in love with her dead husband and dismissive of the man (her brother in law) who loves her

Black Swan Affair where the heroine marries the brother of her true love to get back at him/move on from the fact that he married her sister. Her husband (the younger brother) has been in love with her his whole life, and married her knowing she was in love with his brother.

message 12: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments Mikaela wrote: "Qriswu wrote: "Thanks for the reccs! :)) I 've heard about North and South but was hesistant about starting it, but i might give it a shot now!"

If you are having trouble getting into it, try watc..."

Thank you so much for the suggestion! :) I went ahead and binge watched the BBC series and it was brilliant! Looking forward to reading the book now! And yes, Richard Armitage <3

message 13: by Crystal (last edited Jun 22, 2020 09:18AM) (new)

Crystal | 326 comments On Dublin Street! It's a new adult contemporary romance. The heroine has past trauma regarding relationships and really makes the hero chase her

Secrets of a Summer Night The wallflower series? One of the best historical romance series out there and all the heroines give the hero a long chase.

message 14: by Qriswu (new)

Qriswu | 9 comments Crystal wrote: "On Dublin Street! It's a new adult contemporary romance. The heroine has past trauma regarding relationships and really makes the hero chase her

[book:Secrets of a Summer Night|114..."

Hi, thanks for the suggestions! I loved the wallflower series <3, esp again the magic and devil in the winter <3 <3 <3 I haven't read on the dublin street but it sounds interesting! Thanks again :)

message 15: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments :D glad you enjoyed it and Devil In the Winter is my favourite one too!

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
The Transit of Venus but it's literary fiction, not romance. Lots of romance in it though.