Latinx Book Club discussion

General > Book Club Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jocelyn (new)

jocelyn (yogiwithabook) | 8 comments Mod
This is a place to share any books you'd like to read with us as part of the book club. Just because we don't pick it one month, doesn't mean it can't be an option in the future.

message 4: by G.L. (new)

G.L. Tomas (gl_tomas) | 6 comments Hiya!

I'm a lover of YA, MG and other age groups, but I definitely focus highly on Black Latinx narratives since I don't feel like people focus on them as much as non-Black Latinx narratives =) Hopefully y'all don't find that annoying!

message 8: by jocelyn (new)

jocelyn (yogiwithabook) | 8 comments Mod
G.L. wrote: "Hiya!

I'm a lover of YA, MG and other age groups, but I definitely focus highly on Black Latinx narratives since I don't feel like people focus on them as much as non-Black Latinx narratives =) Ho..."

not at all! too many people ignore Afro-Latinx voices, so the extra shout is definitely warranted.

message 9: by Blair (new)

Blair  | 2 comments Sabrina & Corina by Kali Fajardo-Anstine
it's a collection of short stories of Latina characters with indigenous ancestry.
And the cover is gorgeous!!

Sabrina & Corina: Stories

message 10: by BookishBoricua (new)

BookishBoricua | 8 comments I just finished The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia and loved it! I'm down for reading anything else by her, especially Gods of Jade and Shadow.

message 11: by Cande (new)

Cande (iamrainbou) | 12 comments Mod
We appreciate the suggestions but we focus on YA and MG titles by Latinx authors ☺️

message 12: by BookishBoricua (new)

BookishBoricua | 8 comments @Cande I was under the impression Silvia Moreno-Garcia wrote some YA and Gods of Jade and Shadow was in that category. My bad. looking forward to Msrch's selection. it looks really fun!

message 13: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Cahuasqui | 2 comments I just finished an arc of Lobizona by Romina garber and it was fantastic. it comes out Aug 8 if y'all would be interested in it when you come back fe break

message 14: by Cande (new)

Cande (iamrainbou) | 12 comments Mod
Meagan wrote: "I just finished an arc of Lobizona by Romina garber and it was fantastic. it comes out Aug 8 if y'all would be interested in it when you come back fe break"

Lobizona is one of my favorite reads of the year. I'm so glad you enjoyed it too! Thank you for the suggestion <3

message 15: by David (new)

David Jr. | 1 comments Blair wrote: "Sabrina & Corina by Kali Fajardo-Anstine
it's a collection of short stories of Latina characters with indigenous ancestry.
And the cover is gorgeous!!

Sabrina & Corina: Stories"

Beautifully beautifully written.