Lit 102 Spring 2020 discussion

14 views
Writing Special Kinds of Papers

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Name one attribute about how you have improved in the subject of English and or writing. Tell how it has made you think of yourself as a student.


message 2: by Dillan (new)

Dillan | 17 comments One attribute that I can relate myself to towards English, is being focused when reading. Through reading I have become more engaged into understanding the authors purpose for writing literature. Being comprehensive towards the reading process has made me realize that you can adjust to anything in the real world by understanding what you need to do in order to be successful in your work studies.


message 3: by Jendayi (new)

Jendayi Perez (jendayiperez) | 6 comments One attribute about how i can improve in the English subject is literally me not being afraid to connect and find inspiration. As a student, when i first started, I was not as open as I am now. Now, I find myself not being afraid to take certain risks when it came to me reading and writing which sure is presented in my speech.


message 4: by Jamila (new)

Jamila | 16 comments I’m not the best that I could be, but I have become a better writer than I was in October of 2019. Now I know that it’s better to understand the purpose of writing first. Also, that it is important to interpret literature. As far as English as a whole, I think I have become a very studious person. There is much knowledge that I have gained with hopes of gaining more.


message 5: by Jaliyah (new)

Jaliyah Webster | 17 comments One attribute I think I have improved on is understanding what I am reading. I have focused on highlighting and paying attention to key points the author wants me to see. Knowing what I have read is important, and while I read I’ll try to place myself in that setting. It’s always important to understand the author’s intent and figure out my experience as a reader. Interpreting the text can help a lot, especially when you have to write a paper for that text. Mastering what I’m reading has made me a stronger reader. We read something everyday, so I will always be applying my active reading skills no matter where I am. This accomplishment can help me in the long run.


message 6: by Angel (new)

Angel Cabasag | 17 comments one aspect of english I have improved on is being able to relay what it is I'm doing in english, so rather than saying "I'm writing a paper" I can say I'm analyzing how the elements are interacting or I'm pre-reading. It makes me feel more confident in what I'm doing.


message 7: by Braxton (new)

Braxton | 12 comments One attribute is My comprehension skills have improved I pay more attention to the details of literature as oppose to Skimming over what I have read.


message 8: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Ferguson | 13 comments One attribute I gather about myself is active reading. Actively reading the anchor text, I selected has helped me to receive literature as it is and break it down into a way I can interpret. Gaining these skills has also improved my writing skills and helped me to elaborate more on my work. As a student, I feel like I've made a significant improvement compared to my previous term.


message 9: by Anwar (new)

Anwar | 7 comments One attribute to my improvement that I've noticed is that I now read with more of a purpose to understand, relate, ask questions and challenge ideas. Before learning about the reading process, I would only read a text to look for the answers to questions. Now, I've gained a clear understanding of the importance of reading to understand the author's point and purpose whiles learning to create a better judgment. All in all, I believe that there is always more room for improvement.


message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber | 16 comments I feel I have grown and improved in my writing abilities to be even more descriptive and detailed when writing. I tend to want to look deeper into the storyline and the hidden meaning that are waiting to be found.

I've grown as a student by being more meticulous and detailed in all aspects of my work. I've become more studious and that will only help me during my time in school.


message 11: by Tyson (new)

Tyson D. | 16 comments One aspect that I have improved on is learning how to structure my essays in order to make them more layered and cohesive. This is especially in regards to the research into subjects.

It's made me realize that learning never stops and that there's always something to improve on.


message 12: by Sontez (new)

Sontez Williams | 16 comments One attribute I have improved in English is slowing down my reading to interpret what it may be about. I have also improved the way I write. With English, it has made me realize that I am capable of the writing assignments that I get, its just about how much time I take to do my best on the work.


message 13: by Tyzell (new)

Tyzell Richardson | 12 comments One thing that I'm proud of is the fact that I believe in my writing skills is shows how much I understand the topic. I believe that I'm getting better at writing things that I put forth more effort in and also put forth more effort in understanding it.


message 14: by Shaunae (new)

Shaunae | 20 comments I feel as though my reading and comprehension skills are being sharpened daily. It’s incredibly easy for me to read instructions, pick them apart, and understand what is being asked of me as a student in response. It almost feels second nature to search and identify evidence to support my answers and interpret context clues to be able to articulate my answers like that of a true scholar. As a student, these improvements in this course gave me the confidence I need to complete each task without having to second guess myself. I take constructive criticism and almost immediately apply them to the following assignment. As my mother says, “The proof is in the pudding”, and all I see are A’s in mine.


message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Grant | 11 comments A major improvement of mine in English would be adding more details in my reading. I’ve noticed that when writing the more details in a story or paper the more it will enhance the writing. Also, the use of transitions words makes a stronger paper. Overall I am impressed with my progress in English


message 16: by Mckenzie (new)

Mckenzie Manigault | 11 comments Within this past week and the week prior i've seen a drastic change in the way I write read and comprehend . As a student I feel relieved but I also feel like there could be more improvement as well . All together I would have to say I'm proud of myself and I'm willing to improve .


message 17: by Carson (new)

Carson Simpson | 11 comments One attribute I have improved and will continue improve in English and everyday life is perseverance and consistency and I am reading the book more consistently than I did at the start of the new quarter and I will continue to try to bring my grades up as high as I possibly can from this point onward. This mindset has made me feel more determined as a student and I also appreciate the genuine concern from my lecturer Dr.Harris and the words of encouragement outside the classroom.


message 18: by Jendayi (new)

Jendayi Perez (jendayiperez) | 6 comments One attribute i have proven and will continue to prove in English is actively reading. I was never a person who read and literally put myself in the stories till I entered this class. As a student, it makes me feel as if I am more than just a student; I feel as if i am a writer, a poet, or simply an artist.


message 19: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Dillan wrote: "One attribute that I can relate myself to towards English, is being focused when reading. Through reading I have become more engaged into understanding the authors purpose for writing literature. B..."
Awesome! I notice your growth and I am pleased to observe it! Keep it up!


message 20: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Jendayi wrote: "One attribute about how i can improve in the English subject is literally me not being afraid to connect and find inspiration. As a student, when i first started, I was not as open as I am now. Now..."

Fabulous, I am looking forward to seeing continued growth. Practicing is what helps us get better. Stay the course and don't give up!


message 21: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Jamila wrote: "I’m not the best that I could be, but I have become a better writer than I was in October of 2019. Now I know that it’s better to understand the purpose of writing first. Also, that it is important..."
I agree with your observation of your growth. Keep working hard and know that you are getting better as time progresses! Stay positive and keep pushing!


message 22: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Jaliyah wrote: "One attribute I think I have improved on is understanding what I am reading. I have focused on highlighting and paying attention to key points the author wants me to see. Knowing what I have read i..."
Each time I read a response by you I can see how reading and interpreting what you are reading is evolving for you. I am most pleased with your progress. Keep up the good work!


message 23: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Angel wrote: "one aspect of english I have improved on is being able to relay what it is I'm doing in english, so rather than saying "I'm writing a paper" I can say I'm analyzing how the elements are interacting..."

I can see a level of confidence in class especially with your responses. You are blossoming and I appreciate you taking time out to observe the elements. Good Job!


message 24: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Braxton wrote: "One attribute is My comprehension skills have improved I pay more attention to the details of literature as oppose to Skimming over what I have read."

I must say, I can truly capture your comprehension growth. I am delighted at your progress. Keep pushing!


message 25: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Adrian wrote: "One attribute I gather about myself is active reading. Actively reading the anchor text, I selected has helped me to receive literature as it is and break it down into a way I can interpret. Gainin..."
I agree. You continue to work hard and show progression forward. You are doing exceptional. Keep up the good work!


message 26: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Anwar wrote: "One attribute to my improvement that I've noticed is that I now read with more of a purpose to understand, relate, ask questions and challenge ideas. Before learning about the reading process, I wo..."

During the group discussions, I notice how you are gaining a better understanding of what is to be read. Keep reading and know we only get better by practicing. Keep pushing forward!


message 27: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "I feel I have grown and improved in my writing abilities to be even more descriptive and detailed when writing. I tend to want to look deeper into the storyline and the hidden meaning that are wait..."
I agree and notice the improvements you continue to make. I am most pleased of your growth. Keep pushing ahead!


message 28: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Tyson wrote: "One aspect that I have improved on is learning how to structure my essays in order to make them more layered and cohesive. This is especially in regards to the research into subjects.

It's made m..."

Happy to see you take such initiative to go deeper in your work. Your writing and observations are well constructed. Keep up the good work!


message 29: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Sontez wrote: "One attribute I have improved in English is slowing down my reading to interpret what it may be about. I have also improved the way I write. With English, it has made me realize that I am capable o..."

I am proud that you are not rushing while reading and comprehending. I too notice the improvement with your writing and it is pleasing. Keep up the good work!


message 30: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Shaunae wrote: "I feel as though my reading and comprehension skills are being sharpened daily. It’s incredibly easy for me to read instructions, pick them apart, and understand what is being asked of me as a stud..."

You are doing an excellent job observing and sharpening your skills. You have an uncanny knack to convey points within the text. One of the appreciated aspects noticed is when asked to correct or expand on a task you work effortlessness to make revisions and keep it correct. I am most pleased. Keep up the good work!


message 31: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Brittany wrote: "A major improvement of mine in English would be adding more details in my reading. I’ve noticed that when writing the more details in a story or paper the more it will enhance the writing. Also, th..."

I am impressed myself, your level of excitement shows and glows throughout your work. I am pleased with your level of confidence likewise, keep up the good work!


message 32: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Mckenzie wrote: "Within this past week and the week prior i've seen a drastic change in the way I write read and comprehend . As a student I feel relieved but I also feel like there could be more improvement as wel..."
It takes a strong person to profess what you have and I want you to know I am proud of you. Practicing is what makes us better, studying, planning and using our time wisely helps us improve. Be proud of yourself because each day you get better! Keep pushing!


message 33: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Carson wrote: "One attribute I have improved and will continue improve in English and everyday life is perseverance and consistency and I am reading the book more consistently than I did at the start of the new q..."
I am noticing your initiative to improve, this makes me proud of you. Continue to read and study, remember what helps build our character is how we perform when times are hard. Keep pushing and I know your diligence will gain you reward to attain your goals.


message 34: by Angel (new)

Angel Cabasag | 17 comments One thing I have gotten better at is finding evidence for my stand points and giving the people that deserve aknowledgment credit in the correct way. This tells me that I am a strong writer but was weak in proving that I wasn't plagerizing just quoting.


back to top