Play Book Tag discussion

Dear Evan Hansen
This topic is about Dear Evan Hansen
Archive: Other Books > (Poll Ballot Tally) Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich, Steven Levenson, Benj Pasek & Justin Paul

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by annapi (last edited Jan 20, 2020 08:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

annapi | 4977 comments I haven't watched the musical, though I want to. I only picked up this book because of the Poll Ballot Tally challenge, but ended up enjoying it very much. Evan Hansen is a teen dealing with anxiety, and through a series of accidents and mistakes covering up mistakes, he is believed by everyone to be the best friend of the kid at school who committed suicide. It all eventually snowballs out of control until it crashes at the end, but the ride is a very interesting one. It has a lot to say about mental health, especially for teens, and it hits home to me because I have a son suffering from depression and a daughter who has anxiety. I thought the subjects were handled very well, the characters had depth and develop over time. I can't help wondering how close my kids ever come to feeling the way these characters do, and it's sobering. Definitely worth the read.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Seeing the musical in a couple weeks, and very excited! Definitely have had this YA adaptation on my radar.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6681 comments Joi wrote: "Seeing the musical in a couple weeks, and very excited! Definitely have had this YA adaptation on my radar."

Make sure you are well stocked with tissues!